Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about a carseat?????

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:08 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do any of you have the EVENFLO Big Kid Booster or the EVENFLO Chase Booster?  I have been researching them and my son needs a new high back booster for a little while longer.  He will not be in it much longer, so i am not wanting to spend too much.  If any of you have used these can you tell me if you liked them?  THANKS!!!!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaisyAg2003
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I don't know about that one, this is the one that we have for our 2 year old.  We love it!  And it was less than $50.

Cosco - High Back Booster Car Seat, Blueberry

lilypad728
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:29 AM

All of my kids used the Graco Turbo and we were happy with it.

But really, to be honest...it doesn't matter which one you buy. All highback boosters will do the same thing. It's all about the seat belt at that age.

Cognito
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Is it for your 4 or 6 year old? I would skip the Chase if you're looking for a booster only. I'd skip the Cosco one too because it makes a poor booster. I've heard good things about the Graco Turbo High Back Booster. Target has a new boy inspired cover.

I'm passionate about Carseat Safety. See why at www.kyledavidmiller.org.

Milo Emery 12-13-06 Safely Harnessed in a Britax Regent (3rd slots) & Graco Nautilus (3rd slots). He's a BIG boy!

Jareth Remy 5-6-08 Officially Extended Rear Facing in a Britax Boulveard, Graco Safe Seat Step 1 (top slots) & Cosco Scenera (2nd slots).

Thinking about getting a pair of Radians for them too!

BrandonsMom1000
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Quoting Cognito:

Is it for your 4 or 6 year old? I would skip the Chase if you're looking for a booster only. I'd skip the Cosco one too because it makes a poor booster. I've heard good things about the Graco Turbo High Back Booster. Target has a new boy inspired cover.

It is for my 4 year old. My 6 year old is in a backless booster.  Ryan is smaller so i want a five point harness, then a seat belt positioning booster.

BrandonsMom1000
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

I don't know about that one, this is the one that we have for our 2 year old.  We love it!  And it was less than $50.

Thanks, I will have to check that one out.  I appreciate your suggestion.

momto3infl
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM

My dd has he big kid booster for the last 2yrs and will be out of it within the next year she loves it-says it is comfortable and sits up high to see out our windows in the car. We got it on sale at target for under $60 when we bought it 2yrs ago.  Oh by the way she is 5 and started in the booster when she was 3.

LOVE JOHN BARROWMAN "TORCHWOOD"

Cognito
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Most 4yr olds won't fit that Cosco harness by height. If he is under 40lbs the Chase would probably be a good option. Otherwise the Graco Nautilus or Safety 1st Apex are seats I would look at for him.

Quoting BrandonsMom1000:

Quoting Cognito:

It is for my 4 year old. My 6 year old is in a backless booster.  Ryan is smaller so i want a five point harness, then a seat belt positioning booster.

I'm passionate about Carseat Safety. See why at www.kyledavidmiller.org.

Milo Emery 12-13-06 Safely Harnessed in a Britax Regent (3rd slots) & Graco Nautilus (3rd slots). He's a BIG boy!

Jareth Remy 5-6-08 Officially Extended Rear Facing in a Britax Boulveard, Graco Safe Seat Step 1 (top slots) & Cosco Scenera (2nd slots).

Thinking about getting a pair of Radians for them too!

mommytwoboys
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Your best is a Graco Nautilus.

He will most likely not fit in the harness of the chase or the other booster/5-point harness listed.

I have 3 wonderful children. Johnathon is 6, Seth is 2 and our newest addition, River was born May 6. My children are my world and for that reason I choose to keep them as safe as possible. They rear-face to the limits on their car seats, they harness to at least 6 yrs and 40lbs and they booster to 8-12 yrs or until they can properly sit in an adult seatbelt. I don't care what you choose and I won't judge you. Feel free to ask me why I choose what I do!

austinsm0mmy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I'd skip any that only harness to 40lbs at this stage its a waste of money.

do you have head rests in your car?  the Apex65 is the cheapest extended harness seat that turns into a booster. you can get them at big lots for like $85.

Child Passanger Safety Technician - Saving lives one car seat at a time!

Kris_PBG
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM

What is your budget?  What is your son's weight?  How long do you hope to harness?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)