Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

serious question, please help. Kinda gross.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:36 AM
  • 12 Replies

OK, so my daughter pooped this morning and when I went to change her diaper I noticed that her poop was green. But not a normal green. It looked like dye. kinda this color. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows why it might be this color. She hasnt had any new foods. The only thing I can think of is cake she had on Friday. It had very blue frosting. Maybe the dye from the frosting made her poop that color? Could that happen? Please help, I'm a little freaked out. I would call her doctor but its closed today and I dont want to take her to the er for nothing. If you cant help, please bump.

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaisyAg2003
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Yes...frosting can change the color of poop.  It happens everytime my kids eat blue frosting!  :)

Their poop also looks green when they eat fruit loops!  Weird huh?

gypsydancer7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Poop comes in all colors lol.....unless its red it is fine.

TruePuppyLove
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Well, I would think if she ate a lot of the frosting and it was a dark/bright blue it would definitely make her poop a green color. If you haven't seen any symptoms of anything else, I wouldn't worry about it. I am still expecting my first but I do a lot of cake decorating and the dark or really bright dyes can color anyone's poop. This I know from personal experience. Hope that helps.

kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:40 AM

LOL!!! Its definitely the blue frosting! I freaked out the 1st time that happened to one of my kids too...watch out for blue and green kool-aid too!

newagemom700
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I don't think that green poop is reason to bring DD tot he doctor. It could be soemthing she ate....or juice. if it is consistant diarea(sp?) or constipation thent here is soemthing to be worried about....the only time the color should be a concern in a child is if it is white/yellow or has blood in it. So, I wouldnt worry momma. Im sure its just something she ate or drank.

Mommaof181
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Thanks. She's never really had frosting that was colored so I've never had this happen. It kinda freaked me out. Lol.

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

Yes...frosting can change the color of poop.  It happens everytime my kids eat blue frosting!  :)

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

EeeesMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:41 AM

yup wat she said good

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
Mommaof181
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Lol, I opened her diaper and said, "what the hell." I didnt know frosting did that.

Quoting kiddycat73:

LOL!!! Its definitely the blue frosting! I freaked out the 1st time that happened to one of my kids too...watch out for blue and green kool-aid too!

madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:44 AM

It could be that she has a food  allergy or intolerance if it keeps happening or she seem to have tummy pains See your Doctor

just to rule it out

Mommaof181
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:46 AM

This is the first time its happened. And she doesnt seem to have any stomach pains or anything. She's eating and drinking like normal.

Quoting madhouseof5:

It could be that she has a food  allergy or intolerance if it keeps happening or she seem to have tummy pains See your Doctor

just to rule it out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)