Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant believe it

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM
  • 15 Replies

My great aunt hung herself last night. She was in her 60's or early 70's. It really blows my mind because to look at her youd think that her life was perfect. She never had a hair out of place and was always so professional and polished. They said that she hung herself in her utility room in her house. The polce have the notes that she wrote so that thehy can do an  investigation. Her husband is saying no funeral, no service, bury her in hte cheapest caseket that they have. THis woman was a very well kknown woman who taught school for most of her life and had a huge impact on the communithy. How her husband and son dont seem to care what happens to her is beyond me. He also said that she wanted to donate her body to UAB. My grandma has cancer in her pancreas, liver and bile ducts and is very sick right now. She really doesnt need to deal with her sisiters death and her brotherin law being a complete ass. What do you thihnk? I'm still in shock

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaisyAg2003
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Praying for you family

s.t.e.p.h
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:40 AM

So sorry for your loss, your family is in my prayers.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.
wedding web site

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I'm so sorry about your great aunt. All you can do is support your grandma. I hope her family quits being jerks. Anyway you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

retsillacam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:44 AM

thats so sad. Your family is in my prayers.

mom2dane07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:45 AM

THank yall. It was very hard for us to tell her that she took her own life.

chais_wifey
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

kissing

Proud Army Wife since Jan 1, 2007
Mommy since Dec 14, 2007
Will be a mommy again on May 7, 2010 

KittyAuJus
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Wow i'm so sorry. If she has a will then by law they have to go by what ever it says. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:51 AM

My Aunt killed herself out of loneliness Her children had grown and left home her hubby of years died the same year She lived miles away from anyone

That is what I thought you were going to say But the way her family are handling it seems to me the same way they would be with her My be thats why she fleet the need to do what she did

Who knows what goes on behinde close doors?

mom2dane07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Quoting madhouseof5:

My Aunt killed herself out of loneliness Her children had grown and left home her hubby of years died the same year She lived miles away from anyone

That is what I thought you were going to say But the way her family are handling it seems to me the same way they would be with her My be thats why she fleet the need to do what she did

Who knows what goes on behinde close doors?

she wasnt lonely. Her son, daughter in law and grandkids lived walking distance from her and she was still sub. teahing at the school where she had worked all her life. Man it just makes me sick to even think that she would do that and for her husband to be drunk off his ass and act like he didnt even care that she was gone......

mom2dane07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:21 PM

So my Aunts husband decided on no funeral just a small family only graveside service tomorrow. My sisiter said that hopefully her church will get with us so that we can havea large memorial service for her soon. She was such a well loved and well respected person I just feel that we need closure on this. I hate that she killed herself and i dont think that is what she should have done but dont you think she deserves some kind of service?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)