Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Devil's Rejects

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

This is an older movie now, but DH and I watched in his hs and we re watched it last night again.

Its pretty horrifying.

But.. have any of you who have seen it kind of feel bad for the Rejects while they were getting tortured even though they had done so much worse to other people?

I did feel bad for them, and I had to keep reminding myself of what they had done to deserve it.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tweildoug
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I like that movie and House of 1,000 corpses.

can't say I ever felt sorry for them. You are far more compassionate than I, although the end was sad and sort of epic

shylosmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I've never heard of this. What kind of film is it?

Come sign my guest book!

newagemom700

That movie is so....gross. It's creepy, and when i watched it i had to remind myself it was just a movie....lol. Rob Zombie thinks of some CRAZY shit!....but no, I didnt really feel bad, i felt disgusted (sp?) though.

kaitlynsmommy31

Nope.

Actually I am one of those sickos that giggled with delight as they were getting tortured.

smarshy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Definitely horror.

It is about a family who has murdered hundreds and hundreds of people, tortured them, raped, etc.

They kill a cops brother and then get raided and the cop goes on this crazy revenge hunt.

While on the run, the family does things like murder two married couples and one other man in a hotel.

One women is left alive, with her husbands face strapped to her own.

Quoting shylosmommy:

I've never heard of this. What kind of film is it?

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I wouldn't have minded being the on to torture Baby Firefly.

let me tell ya. Sherri Moon gets on my fucking nerves, but no one could have done Baby better than her... now if Rob would have only cast someone else in Halloween as Debroah Myers it'd have been great... but no avail ya know it had to be his wife.....

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

spcjones203
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Didn't feel one lick of compassion or sorry for them. Should have seen what they did in House of 1,000 Corpses to deserve it.

smarshy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM

True, I haven't seen that one.

Quoting spcjones203:

Didn't feel one lick of compassion or sorry for them. Should have seen what they did in House of 1,000 Corpses to deserve it.

smarshy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Lol, I thought she was the perfect girl to be her character, but her acting was off a lot.

Quoting wickedfiress:

let me tell ya. Sherri Moon gets on my fucking nerves, but no one could have done Baby better than her... now if Rob would have only cast someone else in Halloween as Debroah Myers it'd have been great... but no avail ya know it had to be his wife.....

LeslieSS
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I thought she was pretty good. I haven't seen Halloween yet, didn't know he cast her in it too. A little self serving don't ya think?

OP..I didn't feel sorry for them, they got what they deserved. Both of those movies were awesome. Although I have to say when I first saw House of a 1000 corpses, I was a bit disappointed. I mean this was a film directed by Rob Zombie. I just expected it to be more than what it was.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)