Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid was torcherd at the dentist I feel like it's my fault EDIT

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:06 AM
  • 40 Replies

yes the title is correct And here's the short story she had 2 cavities they spread into 8 in 2 months we were referred to a dentist who told us dd needed surgery 8 baby root canals and 6 caps so we Waitelike 4 mo for the surgery (yes she did have an infection we were told it didn't need meds) Week Before surgery she is in total pain and we go in and have to have 2 teeth pulled that day I was there for the x-ray and my dd was crying (it hurt to bite down on the thing) then I wanted to console her and was told Nope I had to leave they were going to wrap her to the char and take the teeth I was in tears and my fam that was there was scared too, so they take the teeth and tell me she doesn't need an antibiotic still (she did we went to her doc the next day)  I was called neglectful by this lady who wants 1500 dollars outta my pocket in 24hrs for surgery, UHHHH nope I don't have that so we canceled it (surgery) plus I was never going back to her, NOW dd is having nightmares she was wrapped to a chair and not allowed to see mom I feel like I should have just busted my way back there to see her  she couldn't move and she was never explained what was happening.  She was wrapped down and given meds with no explanation then they just start taking teeth and don't tell her she is 5 1/2 give me a break

I know this is confusing sorry I just felt bad and needed to vent and yes we got a few other opinions by other dentists before going back to her she was one of the only ones around who is a pediodontist if that's the correct name

here is an after picshe is such a great kid this was taken yesterday it has been 4 days since the dentist

EDit she saw a new denitst and only had 4 teeth not 8 needing fixing so they gave her an iv sedation and took the teeth.  5 ended up coming out because one tooth had a huge root 5 times the norm size that conected to the bad  tooth but she is much better till today and has no teeth to eat with (doesn't help she just lost another a week ago the tooth fairy needs to live here

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smarshy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Are they her adult teeth?

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM

oh momma, i am so sorry to hear this.....I am allowed to be in the room but that is just during check ups...my kiddos have not had to have teeth pulled Yet, BUT  they will soon for orthodonitics.I hope I have a better experience....hopefully your dd will stop having nighmares....good luck

Fun Photo Contests for MOMS, Kids, and Funny Stuff!

ENTER HERE:

PAbbs09
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I don't know any dentist that would neglectfully let cavaties get worse. They should be filled within 2 weeks.

I understand your child is truamatized, but you can help her heal and get better.

I still hate the dentist!

Lace2180
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Quoting smarshy:

Are they her adult teeth?

no

DanielleAllen
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM

wow. I would be really upset too. There is no one else you can go to even if you have to drive farther to get there?

MOMOF2154
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM

my son is 2 1/2 and in july had to be put to sleep to get 8 caps and 7 cavities. they also cleaned his teeth and did x-rays. I thought they put kids to sleep until they are like 9 to any work on them. Don't blame yourself mama. I am sorry she was treated that way. I can imagine it was traumatizing for her. Were those her baby teeth?

Lace2180
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Quoting PAbbs09:

I don't know any dentist that would neglectfully let cavaties get worse. They should be filled within 2 weeks.

I understand your child is truamatized, but you can help her heal and get better.

I still hate the dentist!

yes and I was new at this whole thing and trusting the dentist ,I can't believe she called me neglectful for not wanting her to go back we will find somebody else

Lace2180
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Quoting DanielleAllen:

wow. I would be really upset too. There is no one else you can go to even if you have to drive farther to get there?

we will drive where ever to not see her

vatofamily
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM

This is going to sound rude but I have to ask.  And, it's more for information to ensure my son doesn't get cavities so young.  Is there a reason why she got all the cavities?  Like, do you think there would've been a way you could've prevented that?

Sorry, I just want to make sure this doesn't happen to my boys.  I'm sorry she had such a hard time!

tabi_cat1023
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM

A GOOD dentist allows the parents to be there the whole time, a GOOD dentists doesn't strap a child down...sounds like you went to one of those shitty dentists that abuses kids for the money.

heres info

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=7016055&page=1

I'm from NC and my friend took her daughter to the local dentist like this, they refused to see her kids again becuase she refused to sign the paper saying they could put their hands over her daughters mouth when eh cries or gets upset and she refused to let them retrain her daughter...shes 7 theres no need for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)