Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New school and birthday parties.m

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM
  • 9 Replies
My dd just started VPK at a private daycare. My ds also started the daycare at the same time.. I dont know any of the kids or parents. My ds birthday is Oct. 6th and my dd is Nov. 9th. It will be their 3rd & 5th birthdays. My dd is not going to really make friends. She has some developmental issues we are working on getting diagnosed. She has no sense of social interaction as of yet. But my son has made a few friends. School has been in for two weeks. Would you find this too soon to recieve a birthday invite? I want my son to make friends and I would like to get to know the parents. But I also dont want to start off weird KWIM? Any thoughts/opinions/ideas etc are welcome. Also, if it is okay to invite them, how do I go about it? None of the other kids get picked up at the same time mine do so I wont run into parents you know... (sorry for the continuing paragraph, Im on my phone and it wont let me break it down) Thanks!
CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jajamama
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:29 AM

personaly i woudl talk to the daycare teacher and see what they say a good day care teacher will know alot abotu the parrents of the kids in his or her room. my son is only two and so far what we have done is sned him to school on his birthday and they have a party in his daycare room and i put together little goodie bags for all the kids (about 8 kids) and be aware of rules aobut food i know in my sons daycare this have to be totaly nut free because of a child with a terrible peanut allergy his parrents send him in his own snacks but still its just nice if the goodies i send in are nut free so he can party like all the other kids . thats my thaughts

CafeMom Tickers
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Toddlers & Preschoolers    School-Age Kids  

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Goldie_And_Luke
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Well his party will be on the fourth. That Sunday. The daycare does a party for all the kids anyways... I am more trying to get to know the kids and parents outside of school.
CafeMom Tickers
iansusie
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I don't see a problem with sending invites to a birthday party. I think it is a great way to get to meet the parents of the children my kid goes to school with.

Goldie_And_Luke
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM
bump
CafeMom Tickers
lilypad728
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM

My son met his best friend in Preschool on the first day of school. I had never met his mom until one day she came up to me and said that our kids played togetehr a lot...which I knew they had. We talked for a few minutes and then saw each other at pick ups a few times. His bday was the beginning of october too...one day as we were leaving she gave me an invite.

I wouldn't give invites to kids at a daycare...I would hand the invites to their parents.

lilypad728
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I just read the part about not seeing the parents. Then it's tougher. I don't think it's appropriate to hand out invites to such young kids without ever knowing their parents. I would try to make an effort to at least meet the parents...like volunteer a few times in the class.

kbumx4
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM

All the Invites I ever received from my daughters preschool were put in the parent cubby.  I don't know how your childs school works but at my daughters there was a parent cubby where paperwork and such goes and then the children had there own cubbies for jackets and whatever.....If no parent cubby, I would put them in the child's cubby, I doubt you can just stand around all day waiting for the other children's parents to arrive.  Good Luck!

Goldie_And_Luke
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:22 PM
kbumx4 - Thanks. Yeah they have cubbies all their artwork goes in along with their daily reports on what they ate etc and any paperwork for parents. So, do I just go in and let the teacher know Im dropping them in their cubbies? I cant just hang around waiting for parents. My kids only go three hours a day and only two other kids get picked up at noon like mine and they are in different classes/age groups. The other kids go all day so I never see other parents.. Ill just do that, stick them in their cubbies.. Good idea.. Thanks
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)