Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!! Potty Training Mess

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:29 AM
  • 6 Replies

I cannot seem to get ryder that interested in potty training. He is 3 and he doesnt seem to want to do it. He will sometimes but I have to ask him all the time and most the time he says no and he goes in his pull up. I am so frusterated. Anyone have any good tips on what to do?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ARMYWIFEHILL
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM

one thing i learned is NOT to ask IF they have to go apparently they KNOW if they have to go i just simply remind my dd dont forget the pooty is over there lol! it has helped some... its a start! she will go no and then! but she just got a big sick the other day so its kinda like starting over ughhhhh

joshlor2
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM

trash the pull ups put big boy underwear on hom and explain to him that he can't pee on his big boy underwear....then watch when he drinks and make him sit on the potty about 20 minuted after so he will pee.....he will learn the sensation of when he needs to go and he will also learn he doesn't like peeing on himself

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Put real undies on him.if he wets them he wont like it.do a star chart or candy as a reward.start out with white undies and if he does good let him pick his own out.if he wets them make him go back to white.put cheerios in toilet and let him aim at them.
I am a 22 year old christian,church-going,bible-believing married sahm who formula feeds,bottle props,uses cio method,spanks,loves to sing but not in public,loves sleeping,my mom is my best friend,very opinionated in my beliefs,pro-life no matter what,dont support the action of being gay or lesbian,holy ghost speaking in tongues believer thats who i am and it will never change!
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Yep, I also suggest putting him in regular undies and explain that they are big boy undies and big boys don't pee in their undies.

ladyluckranout
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:22 PM

k i had the same proble w/ my son. so i trashed the pull ups. and then after he ate or had anything to drink i made him sit on the potty. and i learned do not ask them if they have to go have them go and try.lol it will take time but he will get it. and also tell him he done a good job for going in the pottey.

Christeena

judybant
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Leave him alone until he's ready. Why make a natural body process a big deal that causes tears and frustration? Is your son dry all night most nights of the week? Does he stay dry at nap time? If so, then he's got the muscle control to do it during the day, and could just be stubborn. If he's NOT dry all night, most nights, then guess what? He doesn't have the muscle control.

My youngest son was 3 years, 5 months, 6 days, and 8 hours old when he became "potty trained". He'd been dry at night for 3 or 4 months, so I KNEW he could do it, but like everything in his life, he does things on HIS terms. I had the potty chair sitting next to the big toilet, had a step stool there, in case he wanted to use the big potty... had the soap, everything he'd need to be a big boy all ready for him. NO interest at all. He'd go to one particular spot in the corner NEAR the bathroom to poop, and was very "regular" in that regard, but if I learn his "potty signs" and patterns, and then sit him on the toilet, WHO is really trained? Him??? or ME???

November 22, 2006, at 5:15 pm, he was playing on the couch while supper was cooking. He got a surprised look on his face, said, "I GOTTA GO POOP!" and ran down the hallway to the bathroom, taking clothes and diaper off on the way, (took almost 6 months to then convince him he did NOT need to be totally naked to use the toilet) got up on the big potty, did his business, asked for help wiping, washed his hands, and was the proudest little man in the world. we had exactly ONE accident after that, and IT was my fault, for not paying attention whne he was poking me, saying, "Momma, momma, momma, momma"... It was that precise.

My older son, on the other hand had daytime control down pretty well, and asked me for "big boy undies", and as long as they had pictures on them, he didn't mess them up. But the minute the kid would fall asleep, he became a fountain. He was almost 5 before he was dry at night, and I stopped buying pull ups for bedtime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)