Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when do you??? ( for those who live in colder states) piog

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 26 Replies

when do you put away the kids summer clothes and take out the fall??? i am debating next weekend doing it. its our indian summer now 70's this week but then next week it will be low 60's all week so not sure when do you do it??? since we had a crappy summer i am thinking soon

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommywife06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I used to live in Indiana about this time we started to pull out things that was warmer. But not all of it. About beginning of October we got everything out 

MommyAnnaBanana

I will put the clothes up in October.  But I always keep a few outfits handy just in case we have an odd hot day.

Photobucket

luv2wahm

Usually when we have consistant days of 60 and below. I will put away most summer clothes..leaving only a few behind and gradually bring out fall.

There is a slight chill in the air this morning..I don't think 60's are very far away.

family in the van

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

Aislinn
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I wait until October, at least. I have lived in Maine all of my life and it is not odd to get 80 degree days in late October. Of course, the next day it is usually snowing, but... lol

browneyes1166
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM

In Indiana, who knows? Last year it was warm well into October. This year might be different. I had to pull out a few fall outfits for dd in August because it was chilly and rainy.

CSRodriguez
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I wait til the end of October  cause then it is pretty  sure I don't have to get in the box and dig out a pair of shorts   lol 

With teny ones I just put most of the stuff in the donate box  rather that to store them

I am keeping my  fav outfits from each age to make a quilt some day  

Ok sorry  no coffee mind wandered 

your daughter is adorable 

bye 

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM

My DD pulled out her winter stuff last week so I am putting summer stuff up today. I am also putting the plastic on the windows today also.

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM

thanks! LOL

Quoting CSRodriguez:

I wait til the end of October  cause then it is pretty  sure I don't have to get in the box and dig out a pair of shorts   lol 

With teny ones I just put most of the stuff in the donate box  rather that to store them

I am keeping my  fav outfits from each age to make a quilt some day  

Ok sorry  no coffee mind wandered 

your daughter is adorable 

bye 

EeeesMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Well i live in CO and my son is actually having a hard time finding a day where he can where his shorts ect.... so whenever i get off my duff i will be puttin em away, just glad i get em a size too big so he will have em for next year! clapping

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
Zanny
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I really don't have a certain day I do that.. I live in Maine, and I guess when we have a few days of frost in the mornings, I pack up her shorts, tank tops, and summer jammies and put them in the back of her Closet.  I keep the T Shirts in her drawers, because sometimes she likes to wear one under a sweater, or sweatshirt.. She says it gets hot at school sometimes..  I just went to LL Bean and got all of her winter stuff.. Coat, Snow Pants, hat, mittens, boots... I kept all of the mittens and hats from last year..

Just as a side note.. I bought her a pair of boots, for $39, and they came with an extra set of liners.. Well worth it, especially when it takes seemingly forever to dry them out when they get wet..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)