Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child show favoritism toward one parent?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM
  • 31 Replies

My son has been all about his dad for the last couple months. He pretty much thinks that I’m a boring old mom and his dad is the most exciting/awesome/super sun person in the world.

My daughter on the other hand really had no preference, she loves to spend time with both of us.

Do you have a child that prefers you over your SO/DH or vice versa?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azmomof03
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

my 17 month old rather have me then her dad but my 5 and 4 year old sons doesn't really have a favorite parent

ang0708
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Yup both of my baby girls favor me.. I can not even go to the bathroom without them standing at the door crying and pounding on the door for me to let them in. They go with daddy but always want me to change them, feed them, give them there juice...etc.. I have to lock the rr door to take a shower alone...only thing i have to hear screaming and crying and my dh will just let them..

busymomma75
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM

LOL all my kids favor me. Sometimes I wish they would use the word dad more often!!!

Kat770
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM

My DD is only 5 months... but it's definitely me... I have the boobs.

Kathryn
I'm a breastfeeding in public without a cover, babywearing, bed-sharing, anti-CIO, anti-Babywise/ baby training,  disposable diaper using and learning cloth diapers, Southern born and raised, Native American (Potawatomi), Christian, Libertarian, lactivist, attached parent and loving wife to Clay and mommy to Eleanor Yvonne (born 3-30-09).

7SinsAnna
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM

LOl!! How old are they?

Quoting ang0708:

Yup both of my baby girls favor me.. I can not even go to the bathroom without them standing at the door crying and pounding on the door for me to let them in. They go with daddy but always want me to change them, feed them, give them there juice...etc.. I have to lock the rr door to take a shower alone...only thing i have to hear screaming and crying and my dh will just let them..

OwensMama824
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM

When he wants to play it's all daddy. When he poops, needs to eat, or is hungry it turns into "mum mum mum" Honestly I think he favors his grandma(my mom), he will choose her over me or dad any time.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

EeeesMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:54 AM

yup son prefers me...we'll see how long that lasts after this baby is born tho.  Especially if its a girl.  My husband and my son have this never ending battle as to who mommy belongs to.  Mostly a game but sometimes i wonder confused

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
amymarie0315
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Its called secure attachment, and yes I'm the primary caregiver so he prefers me over Daddy in some situations (such as not feeling well, hurt, etc.) and prefers Daddy over me when he wants to play rough (because Daddy wrestles and Mom doesn't.)

"An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." ~Jef Mallett

mom2Bellarose
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

YES! My DD who is 3 1/2 is all about daddy! It's starting to drive me crazy because the last few weeks when I tell her I love her she says "I love daddy" ...ugg! and I always tell her "your my best friend" and now whenever I say that now she says "no daddy's my best friend"  lol. Of course she has always been a daddy's girl. I think it has a little something to do with I'm the one that stays home with her and daddy's works alot. Then when he comes home it's all about her, letting her do whatever she wants (no discipline) and playing whatever she wants till she falls asleep. So I'm left being the one who has to discipline.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

My 15 year old is all momma's girl. Always has been. My son is  a momma boy.  My kids do not like their real dad. My daughter hates him. But my ex did that to himself. My son seems to be leaning more towards my DH for favoritism.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)