Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for the baby-wearing mamas!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:48 AM
  • 14 Replies

Okay so we're still TTC our 2nd, but I've already decided that I want to use a baby sling/carrier when we do have another baby.  I didn't use one at all with DS, so I have no idea which brands/styles are the best.

So if you use a sling/carrier/etc, what do you have?  What are the pros and cons?  And how much did it cost?

THANKS LADIES!!!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I paid $40 for mine at http://loveyduds.com/ it is soft organic cotton, it works so great. I love it! I won't go shopping or anything without the wrap!

faeryfrog
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I use the sleepy wrap and we love it. I can nurse the baby while walking through the mall and noone notices. It's easy to put on once you get the hang of it. 

It is a pain when your in a hurry. and it can get pretty hot.

mommytwoboys
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I have a Bjorn, Infintino sling, New Native sling and a WAHM sling then a Moby. I use to own a Mei Tai.

My favorite is the Moby for a wrap and the New Native sling. I used the Moby when we went up the the Neuchwenstien castle and wore her for 8 hrs straight. It is awesome.

I HIGHLY recomend it.

I have 3 wonderful children. Johnathon is 6, Seth is 2 and our newest addition, River was born May 6. My children are my world and for that reason I choose to keep them as safe as possible. They rear-face to the limits on their car seats, they harness to at least 6 yrs and 40lbs and they booster to 8-12 yrs or until they can properly sit in an adult seatbelt. I don't care what you choose and I won't judge you. Feel free to ask me why I choose what I do!

mattel_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Well I would recommend a woven wrap. The moby and sleepywrap's a good for a baby under 15 pounds. Once you reach 15 pounds you will need a woven. The stretchy wraps stop offering proper support to the spine and such. I have two Didymos. They were worth every penny. Feel free to PM for more info. I also have pctures if you would like to see them.

AJmum
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I have a infantino I really liked, But I want a Moby with the next baby.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

You keep saying that, but the wrap I have is stretchy and it says on her website that you can safely use up to 35 pounds.

Quoting mattel_mom:

Well I would recommend a woven wrap. The moby and sleepywrap's a good for a baby under 15 pounds. Once you reach 15 pounds you will need a woven. The stretchy wraps stop offering proper support to the spine and such. I have two Didymos. They were worth every penny. Feel free to PM for more info. I also have pctures if you would like to see them.

mommytwoboys
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Oh and I solt the Mei Tei b/c the moby offered better support for my shoulders. Seth was 14m when I got it and I wore him on my back. Now I wear River in it. :)

I have 3 wonderful children. Johnathon is 6, Seth is 2 and our newest addition, River was born May 6. My children are my world and for that reason I choose to keep them as safe as possible. They rear-face to the limits on their car seats, they harness to at least 6 yrs and 40lbs and they booster to 8-12 yrs or until they can properly sit in an adult seatbelt. I don't care what you choose and I won't judge you. Feel free to ask me why I choose what I do!

Kris_PBG
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I got a hotsling for ds2 - I wish I had used it for ds1 as well!  I loved it - especially with a toddler running around!

EeeesMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM

ive been wondering the same thing just never remembered to ask.  but reading through this post is like me trying to understand calculus....haha all those names and stuff but ill go ahead and look up each on and then eeeny meeny miny moe it smile

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
mattel_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Have you done any research?  I don't mean that in a bitchy way either. Go read the studies done. I understand the moby are more affordable but it has been proven that the woven wraps provide more support and hold your child in correct postures. he website you are referring to will say anything to sell the product, look at independent sites.

Quoting circle_of_life:

You keep saying that, but the wrap I have is stretchy and it says on her website that you can safely use up to 35 pounds.

Quoting mattel_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)