Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone got kids starting kindergarten or kids aready going to madison elemantery in WA??

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

my son is starting the on wed. any one else here have children going to the school or starting kindergarten there?  my son is so exited, me not so much lol.

tomorrow is the day to meet with the teacher and stuff. u plan on going?

Mother of 4  Nicholas Andre',Cerina Renee,Emma May and Benjamin Blaze

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foreveryoung84
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM

AND WHAT'S WITH THE 25 DOLLAR CHECK WE HAVE TO GIVE THEM???

lilypad728
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM

We don;t live there...but my son is starting K a week from today. I'm not so sure how excited he really is, I think he will get more excited the day before. But I'm excited to have gine gone for 3 hours a day, lol. Not really, but it will be nice.

randi1978
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I know I have heard of Madison Elementary.  Where is it at in WA, if you don't mind my asking?  My daughter is going to Evergreen Forest.  She's so excited to be a kindergartner!

As for the $25 check, I have no idea.  I haven't gotten anything like that from her school.  I am still trying to fill out the free/reduced breakfast or lunch paperwork.  No note or letter about sending a check.

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Chenoa starts Kindergarten here in Oregon on Thurs. I have no idea what the 25 dollar check is you are talking about. We didn't have to do that...

foreveryoung84
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:15 PM

HAHA,ya my son has bin walking around with his back pack on sins yesterday, he even slept with it haha. he is so exited. i am pretty sad. I just think about it and i get tear filled eyes lol. but ya in the long run it will be good for both him and me :) haha good luck with ur new kindergartner... wonder how they all will do.. awh it's a new chapter in his life and ours. and that's what so scary... one step closer to not needing us at all anymore. lol my husband says i am to depressing saying stuff like that haha..

Quoting lilypad728:

We don;t live there...but my son is starting K a week from today. I'm not so sure how excited he really is, I think he will get more excited the day before. But I'm excited to have gine gone for 3 hours a day, lol. Not really, but it will be nice.

foreveryoung84
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM

it's in Everett. ya it says it on both papers we got from the school. so no one has to buy supplies or something. i dunno. i would rather buy supplies then give them cash ..

Quoting randi1978:

I know I have heard of Madison Elementary.  Where is it at in WA, if you don't mind my asking?  My daughter is going to Evergreen Forest.  She's so excited to be a kindergartner!

As for the $25 check, I have no idea.  I haven't gotten anything like that from her school.  I am still trying to fill out the free/reduced breakfast or lunch paperwork.  No note or letter about sending a check.

randi1978
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM

We're in Olympia.  Her supply list was actually very reasonable this year.  She did special services preschool the last two years at the same school and her supply list was massive.  I think that's a bit of a rip that they expect you to send $25.  I spent less than $10 on ALL her supplies on her list.  I would price everything and then add it up and then send the check.  If they ask, tell them you price checked everything and went with that.

Quoting foreveryoung84:

it's in Everett. ya it says it on both papers we got from the school. so no one has to buy supplies or something. i dunno. i would rather buy supplies then give them cash ..

Quoting randi1978:

spastic_poodle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I have a feeling I'm going to get attacked for this but I feel I need to say something...

you might want to be careful about posting where your child goes to school, especially to a group that everyone can view.  some of you are posting names, towns, etc. along with your child's school and even child's picture!  you never know who might be viewing this and just waiting for a chance to jump.  I'm not getting after anyone, I just want you to remember that not everyone out there has our children's best interests in mind.

foreveryoung84
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM

u know i'll do that.  i have just never heard of having to give a check to s school before if not for field trips and stuff. and he already has all he needs. i mean one class has 30 kids in so they need 750 dollars just for papers??? cause they said we have to buy the kids crayons and pencils and clue tape scissors and everything else... so whats left? just papers right... weird

foreveryoung84
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:29 PM

ya i know but i am not worried tho. one i will walk him to school, 2 no one is allowed behind the door. they have to wait outside for the child to pick up. and i will be there every day waiting for him.. i live very very close to the school. so we will walk every day.. together... so i have nothing to be worried about. now if i sent him on the buss i would not say anything..

Quoting spastic_poodle:

I have a feeling I'm going to get attacked for this but I feel I need to say something...

you might want to be careful about posting where your child goes to school, especially to a group that everyone can view.  some of you are posting names, towns, etc. along with your child's school and even child's picture!  you never know who might be viewing this and just waiting for a chance to jump.  I'm not getting after anyone, I just want you to remember that not everyone out there has our children's best interests in mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)