Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH I FEEL SO HELPLESS!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

my two week old DD is sick :[ shes got a cold already, and i dont know what to do for her. im taking her to the doctors this afternoon. I really want to give her something thats natural and safe for her tiny little body......i hate the idea of putting medicine into her body :[ but if thats what i have to do for her to get better, thats what i will do.

thank god there is no fever, but her nose is runny and shes coughing and sneezing alot :[

anyone have any suggestions on how i can make her feel better.....she wont even breastfeed! (which is why im taking her to the doctor because if she wont breastfeed, something isnt right)

ok gotta go get her ready.....please if you have any suggestions share them i feel so helpless!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
myfoursonsks
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM

She won't nurse because she can't breathe and nurse at the same time.  It is good you are taking her to the doc because with a baby that young, you can't be too cautious.  There is a chance that she just has allergies.  So, try not to worry too much and know that you are doing what you can do for her right now by getting her into a doc.

mcphersonkj
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM

vapor, sit in the bathroom with the hot water running so she can breath in the steam and help open her up a lil. Shut the bathroom door so the steam will stay in there

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Quoting mcphersonkj:

vapor, sit in the bathroom with the hot water running so she can breath in the steam and help open her up a lil. Shut the bathroom door so the steam will stay in there

This and it sounds like allergies to me if there is no fever or other symptoms... but you should take her to the doctor just to be safe and he might have some other suggestions if it is allergies.

AllieBally
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Quoting mcphersonkj:

This works especially well with Johnson & Johnson vapor bath. *just don't put her in the bathtub ..not sure since she's so little if she can sit in that ...but I would turn the Hot water on and put the drain stopper in and pour  a  cap full of that ..stood in there for like 3-5 minutes and then would take my son out and go off with the nose suction ball. ....I hope ur baby feels better!

~*~AllieBally~*~
Sue660
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM

there isn't any medication for a cold. try putting a humidifyer in her room. I had one with a little cup on it for vicks vapor rub.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:46 PM

baby vapor rub, saline spray for her nose, humidifier to help with breathing.

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

sharisse
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:48 PM

just be careful what you use, dont use anything with menthol in!

jaysonsmommy15
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:48 PM

My 3 week old dd has a cold also.  If it is just a cold they will not give out meds for it.  DD has a stuffy, runny nose.  She is coughing and sneezing like crazy too.  The reason she wont breastfeed is because her nose is stuffed up or running and its hard for her to breathe at the breast. Before you feed her take the bulb syringe and suck out the mucus in her nose. 

Good luck...I know what your going through

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)