Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weirdest thing that has EVER happened to me... (about weird dreams)

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

i'm hoping someone else has had this happen!  it's a freaky dream situation that my mom and i are still puzzled about over two years after the fact!  let me know if you've ever heard of this happening... 

i have never, ever believed in spirits or ghosts or anything like that.  it just seems unbelievable to me, completely.  even though i apparently saw a ghost when i was 4 when my mom and i were renting an apartment above a funeral home in parsons, ks., lol.  but maybe this qualifies as some kind of paranormal event?  haha, i don't know, but my story is this:

when i was living in washington, 7 months pregnant with my now 20 month old daughter, my mom called me like 30 minutes or so after i got out of bed (i was drinking coffee and checking email, that's how i remember, and she was in kansas so 2 hours ahead of me).  we talk several times a day, so it was just another one of our phone conversations i guess, but when i answered she said "okay meghan i have got to tell you this disturbing dream i had..."

she proceeds to tell me the dream, and i am in shock so much that i can't talk because we had the SAME EXACT DREAM... except mine was from my perspective as if it was a real-life event.  i dreamt that i dropped her off at the airport with a girlfriend from work, and as i was trying to get out of the parking lot all of these cop cars and stuff busted in the parking lot and closed this giant gate that lead to the airport building saying there was a bomb in there and no one else could go in.  they said we have 20 minutes to get our loved ones out of the airport before the bomb detonates.  i was freaking out because i couldn't get ahold of my mom on my cell phone.

in HER dream, i dropped her and her friend off at the airport, then they went to their gate and i left.  they were sitting in the seats at the gate and my mom noticed a weird package a guy had with wires coming out of it and he was writing on a clipboard, she asked him if it was a bomb, and he said "yes" like it was no big deal.  so my mom screamed something about him having a bomb and everyone started running... she got to the opposite end of the airport before it blew up.  but in my dream i was freaking out because i couldn't get ahold of her and when the bomb off i figured she was dead, but in her dream she was ignoring her phone call and running for safety, she made it okay.

is that not the weirdest thing?  what the hell does that even mean?  has that happened to anyone else before??  we have yet to find any ideas as to what or how this could have happened and it seems way too accurate to be just a coincidence.   we were just sitting here talking about it, and she's way more skeptical than i am about paranormal stuff, but i wish i could explain how weird the feeling was when i heard her rattling off all the details of her dream and it lined up PERFECTLY with the dream i just woke up from!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
crowned_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:39 PM

http://www.dreammoods.com/

that is crazy!! this site might be helpful to you. it has helped me with some of my dreams.

baby
pregnancy due date
mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:41 PM

okay thanks for the link, i'll check it out now!  yeah this dream goes on the top of my list of strangest things to ever happen in my entire life, lol.

Quoting crowned_mom:

http://www.dreammoods.com/

that is crazy!! this site might be helpful to you. it has helped me with some of my dreams.

twitchymom78
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:46 PM

i have dreams like that too. usually they arent that upsetting, though. i have also had that "told the future". example, 2 weeks before my poppop died i had a dream we were at his funereal. 2 weeks later, the dream played out exactly. i have those alot, but i never know what dreams are like that!!

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:48 PM

i'm looking at that link the pp gave me, sounds like your dreams are prophetic dreams.  i got some more info on the dream my mom and i shared, apparently it's called "mutual dreaming".  weird!

Quoting twitchymom78:

i have dreams like that too. usually they arent that upsetting, though. i have also had that "told the future". example, 2 weeks before my poppop died i had a dream we were at his funereal. 2 weeks later, the dream played out exactly. i have those alot, but i never know what dreams are like that!!

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:01 PM

bump!  anyone else??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)