Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Graco Snugride Car Seat---Very Important!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:54 PM
  • 0 Replies

I have a Graco Snugride car seat that I used for my oldest son who is almost 2.  I'm using the same seat for my new baby as well.  So I happened to look at the Graco website and the seat has a recall on it!  It's about the seat pad deteriorating after frequent washing and possibly allowing the baby to put it in their mouth.  It has nothing to do with the seat's ability to protect a child in a crash.  I registered this seat the minute I got it with Graco and according to Graco I should have received a notice in the mail about the recall.  Well guess what, I didn't!  What is the point of registering a product if you don't get the recall info!  So needless to say I've been checking all my baby products to see if there were any recalls I missed since apparently I can't rely on the company to do their job.  My son's crib was recalled too last year, but thankfully I saw the report on the news and got the retrofit kit sent to me although he is no longer in the crib anyway.  My son has been out of this seat for over a year, but I did order the replacement pad for my new baby.  So in case anyone has this seat, here is the recall link.  I encourage everyone to keep up with recalls and double check your baby gear!  http://www.gracobaby.com/SafetyAndRecall/Pages/SafetyAndRecallArticle.aspx?recallID=22&page=SafetyAndRecall  The seat was manufactured between August 2006 and June 2007 so I don't know if anyone still has this seat or not. 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)