Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I or Shouldn't I???

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

My sons dad has a new gf......not sure how long they've been together, but we have been introduced....no problems!  Well my son told me the other day that he doesnt really like her bc she is a "tattle-tale" and everytime he goes over their he gets in some kind of trouble with his dad bc of her......btw our son is 12 and  she has a son with someone else and hes like 9......well my son doesnt like him to much either.....bc he's just like his mom....a "tattler"  My sons dad has kinda changed since being with her.....and my son told me that his dad won't listen when he tries to talk to him.....so now he scared to tell his dad his feelings.

Anyways my question is.... should I tell his dad how our son feels about her and how he feels like he can't even talk to his dad anymore.   I just feel that it concerns me only bc my son told me.....relationship wise i dont care who he's with just as long as they don't hurt our child.   Im thinking of seeing if him, our son and I can sit this out and have my son explain it all.  I just dont want his dad to force him and his gf's relationship on my son or be mad at him bc my son feels this way.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
one_on_the_way
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Hmmm...that's a tough one.  I don't mean to be the devil's advocate here or anything, but what is it your son is doing that deserves so much "tattling".  I mean, if he's doing something...and his dad finds out about it...and that means he's in trouble...doesn't that mean he's probably doing something he shouldn't be?  I agree that "kid tattling" can get to be a bit much...but usually if the kid wasn't really doing something wrong, they won't get in trouble...

But, beyond that question...I would definitely suggest that the three of you have a sit down, in a calm and casual manner, bring up the concerns that are there.

It is a big adjustment for a kid to have someone new in their life and they can sometimes deal with it by acting out some (for attention).  Do you think that may be going on here?

Rosebeliever
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM

How would you feel if you didn't do anything?

I think you are on the right path to sit down with your son and his dad and let it all out. No pointing fingers, just communicating.

Good luck and hugs hun!!!

iraqimoonbeam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:36 PM

thats a tough one,but if it were me............i would like my son and his father to have a talk alone. somewhere where his dads gf were not around! i would feel like i would want to be there as well to support my son. i'm sure your sons dad would listen to how your sons feels,at least i hope he would. good luck girlie!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:53 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  this CafeMom Group:
Advice for Moms

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team 

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)