Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neil Armstrong never landed on the moon!!!!! *Updated!*

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM
  • 31 Replies

Did anyone hear about this??

Wow...how crazy is this.  I always read about all the conspiracy theorists saying the US government faked Armstrong's landing on the moon...but now I know it is true!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/conspiracy_theorist_convinces_neil

UPDATED:

Hahah my husband sent me this link and I did not really look at the website- now I see The Onion is a joke news website.  LOL My hubby is gonna get smacked for sending me false information! That lil punk...lol 

Photobucket
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensema
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:49 PM

great...........now i get to listen to lots of "i told you so's" from my husband.....

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM

That is very weird. Im pretty sure it was real, but who knows anymore. Poor Armstrong, maybe hes losing it in his older years?! 

tabi_cat1023
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:52 PM

YOu can't trust info from the onion people

unclemomma
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:54 PM

its been proven via other sources too... that is what they told my lil sis class...

A PROUD MOMMA OF TWO PERFECT ANGELS IN PINK! NATARI MORGAN 5~31~2007 AND NARAI KENZI 8~20~2009! MARRIED TO A WONDERFUL MAN ON 7~11~2006! HIS PERFECT PET!

randmmom05
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Thats what I was thinking.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

YOu can't trust info from the onion people

briana_paige
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:55 PM

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29451

this is also an article from the onion. I wouldn't believe anything from them. give me other reliable sources and then I'll believe it.

EclecticBroad
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:56 PM

LMAO  I love the Onion.

You aren't "supposed" to take them seriously.

tabi_cat1023
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:58 PM

If you can give me more reliable sources besides the crap onion site maybe...but the onion is a joke site

Quoting unclemomma:

its been proven via other sources too... that is what they told my lil sis class...

jackie8380
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Spoof moon landing story dupes Bangladeshi newspapers

(AFP) - 4 days ago

DHAKA - A Bangladeshi newspaper was forced to print an apology Thursday after running an article that said astronaut Neil Armstrong had admitted his 1969 moon landing was part of an elaborate hoax.

The story, which first ran on US satirical news website http://www.theonion.com/ on Monday, said that Armstrong had been convinced by a conspiracy theorist that the Apollo 11 mission had been orchestrated by the US government.

The Daily Manab Zamin, which translated the moon story into Bengali and ran it on Wednesday, attributed the story to the Onion News Network, a web broadcast put out by The Onion, which also prints a parody newspaper.

"The report has drawn a lot of attention. We've since learned that the fun site runs false and juicy reports based on a historic incident," said the Daily Manab Zamin, Bangladesh's only tabloid newspaper.

"The moon landing one was such a story, which received numerous hits on the Internet.

"The truth is that Neil Armstrong never gave such an interview. It was made up. We are sorry for publishing the report without checking the information."

Another Bangladeshi newspaper, The New Nation, ran the story in its print edition and online on Thursday.

"We thought it was true so we printed it without checking. We didn't know The Onion was not a real news site," associate editor Hasanuzzuman Khan told AFP.

Copyright © 2009 AFP. All rights reserved. More »

nena_a
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:00 PM

lol its THE ONION!

Nena

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)