Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gay marriages versus Heterosexual Interatial relationships

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM
  • 105 Replies

Poll

Question: Is a gay relationship on the same category as an interatial relationship?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 107

View Results

Why do some people consider gay relationships the same as interatial heterosexual relationships? I'm married to a man of a different race, how does that make me the same as a couple with two men or two women? Please explain!gay_parents.jpg gay marriage image by derod12

SDZoo08006.jpg picture by mrselaine81

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovegaia78
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Huh??? I don't understand.

JGLeagones
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM

This post is absurd.. JUST to let you know

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net
savannahnhi
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:48 PM

interatial? what does that mean????????????

mommyoftwo103

They are not at the same level.

Beatlemama

I voted yes, because a relationship is a relationship is a relationship.  Yours is also the same as a same-race heterosexual relationship.  If two people love each other and choose to be together, I don't care if one of them has purple skin and the other is transgendered.  It's their business, not mine.

Marvynsmama
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Its not the same, I don't believe. My husband is black and I'm white. Don't wanna start a religious debate but no where in the bible does it say its against God to marry someone of a different race. The same sex on the other hand is a sin. period. And anyone who says that mess to you whether they believe in god or don't is an  idiot.

savannahnhi
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:49 PM

shrugging

Quoting Beatlemama:

I voted yes, because a relationship is a relationship is a relationship.  Yours is also the same as a same-race heterosexual relationship.  If two people love each other and choose to be together, I don't care if one of them has purple skin and the other is transgendered.  It's their business, not mine.

Lovegaia78
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Quoting Marvynsmama:

Its not the same, I don't believe. My husband is black and I'm white. Don't wanna start a religious debate but no where in the bible does it say its against God to marry someone of a different race. The same sex on the other hand is a sin. period. And anyone who says that mess to you whether they believe in god or don't is an  idiot.

*rolls eyes* That's your belief...please don't tell others what to believe.

one_on_the_way
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I'm sorry, I'm trying to resist (I know it bugs a lot of women when someone corrects someone's spelling)...but you spelled it wrong in at least three different places

It's "interracial"...being in an interracial relationship, I thought it would be helping you to correct your spelling.  Please don't be mad.

That said...I don't know who the hell you are talking to, but I don't know anyone who would think that an interracial relationship is the same as a homosexual relationship.

Very closed-minded people might think that they are both "wrong"...but why should you care what ignorant, judgemental, racist, or prejudiced people think?

BraxtonsMom07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:53 PM

this:)

Quoting :

right.jpg conservative image by jbauer42 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)