Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

March 6th 2010

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am getting married on this day :) The reason I am writing this is I am wanting to help my hair grow and look healthy! I have 6 months to let it grow! I remember when I was pregnant my hair grew SOO fast! Was this because of the Prenatals? Are they ok to take when your not pregnant? What are some tips on getting your hair to grow faster and healthier?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MissAndrea125
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I have heard that too, I even had a friend ask me for my leftover prenatals after I had my son (6 yrs ago) And yes they are fine to take when you are not pregnant, as far as I know. Its like a multivitamin.

mommy2be1121
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I know this may sound silly but they wont make you gain weight will they?

Quoting MissAndrea125:

I have heard that too, I even had a friend ask me for my leftover prenatals after I had my son (6 yrs ago) And yes they are fine to take when you are not pregnant, as far as I know. Its like a multivitamin.

ciejsgirl
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:12 PM

No, they don't make you gain weight.  =)  Vitamin E will do the same thing too though.  Good luck and congrats!

mommy2be1121
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Thanks so much!!

Quoting ciejsgirl:

No, they don't make you gain weight.  =)  Vitamin E will do the same thing too though.  Good luck and congrats!

Lovegaia78
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I have too much hair that grows like a weed...you can have some of it!! lol

Little_bug
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM

yes it was because of the prenatals, yes you can take them when you are not pregnant, no they won't make you gain weight, they are just a multi vitamin.  Another option is, are you going for an up do or down?  You can get those hair pieces from the mall, they are full and healthy and natural looking, there are a lot of ways you can wear them too, go to the mall find the kiosk(iI have seen them in TONS of malls) and let them play with it on you and show you how they work.  JIC  Not only that it will take the guess work and stress outta getting your hari done.

spastic_poodle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:16 PM

definitely take prenatals and nope, they won't make you gain weight!  as well as vitaminE like someone else said.  there are pills out there for "hair and nails" but they're probably exactly what are in the combination of prenatals and vitamin E.  also fish oil (freeze the pills so you're not burping up the yucky fish taste) helps because of all the fatty (not bad fats) goodness.  good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)