Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have been warned that this will probably make you cry. Graphic....

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM
  • 30 Replies

I tried to write another post about this today but didnt get many responses. This time of the year is always hard for me and my family. We lost my brother in the 9/11 attacks. I miss him everyday. When the 11th comes around, its like my heart is broken all over again. I grieve every year for him and also for all the other familes who lost someone. Anyway, I wanted to post this video tribute. Please be warned that it is hard to watch. And kinda graphic. But I think people should be reminded of what happened. So that my brother, and all the other amazing people who died that day will never be forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWe--IeOjCQ

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommaof181
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM

30 views and not one response.

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

MissKrystal
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Aw Mama, I am sorry for your loss. Everytime I see a video from that day I remember EXACTLY where I was when I heard. I still remember who I was listening to on the radio and what they were saying. I remember getting to work and immediately going to the television we had in our break room and I remember crying for all those lost when those buildings fell. Thank you for the reminder of all those people who died that day and what it meant for our country.

Mommaof181
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Thank you.

Quoting MissKrystal:

Aw Mama, I am sorry for your loss. Everytime I see a video from that day I remember EXACTLY where I was when I heard. I still remember who I was listening to on the radio and what they were saying. I remember getting to work and immediately going to the television we had in our break room and I remember crying for all those lost when those buildings fell. Thank you for the reminder of all those people who died that day and what it meant for our country.

rayzensun
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, I'll pray for him.

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
one_on_the_way
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Beautiful song to go with that clip.  The part that really got me was at the very end when a woman's voice said "there are children without mothers and fathers tonight"  Will always break my heart.  Always.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM

First off let me say Im sorry for your loss.. I cannot imagine losing someone in a awful situation like that.. The video was soo sad and the son was beautiful.. Thought going out to you and your family..

Lu-Lu
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Quoting rayzensun:

I'm sorry for your loss, I'll pray for him.

adamsmama724
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Thank you for posting this lovely tribute. I'm so sorry for you loss. Your brother and all those lost on 9/11 will always be remembered. We were so lucky, our family didn't lose anyone, but my aunt and uncle are NYPD and lost some of their friends in the NYPD as well as the FDNY. My uncle still won't talk about what happened. 

My thoughts are with you at what must be a difficult time. Blessed be!

LuvMyHannahNZac
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Quoting Mommaof181:

30 views and not one response.

You need to keep in mind that for some people, watching a clip like this is too hard. Not everyone grieves by watching graphic clips. Some people prefer to remember the HAPPY times of their lost loved ones. So keep that in mind before you get upset that people aren't replying to you.

leeahsgerasmom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM

omg this video just made me cry...that day was so sad i think for everyone..im really sorry for your lost...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)