Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party Crafts

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

Allie's birthday party is on Sunday.  I wanted the kids to be able to do two crafts each.  My problem is that I have no clue what to do.  I thought about those foam visers and tiaras that they can decorate.  Perhaps mini scrapbooks for the girls, but what to do for the boys?

My plan is for the kids to do the crafts, eat pizza, have cake, open presents, do the pinata and leave.  Is this a good plan?  Lol

Please share your ideas. 

Oh...she is five.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnjohnson5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Bump

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Planning Your Kid's Birthday Party

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

swaney06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM

oriental trading...they have the best crafts plus they ship overnight..i love them.. or try going to nick jr .com they have great crafts too depending on characters..

reecenkaden
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Get a queen sized white sheet and some water balloons. Fill the ballons and put 2 drops of food coloring in each. Hand the sheet against a wall outside and let the kids make a splash mural. Then hang it on your daughters wall, or back it with fleece and make a one of a kind blanket.

dancingpengiune.gif the dancer image by jjjohnnaThis Penguin Dances for Freedom From Religion
I got that BOOM BOOM POW!!!

TheSinFamily
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:07 PM

what is the theme of the party? that may help in narrowing down an idea. ..

dawnjohnson5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Quoting TheSinFamily:

what is the theme of the party? that may help in narrowing down an idea. ..

She is having a Hello Kitty party.  We were originally only inviting girls, but her teacher said she must invite everyone so I need to plan on crafts for the boys also.

jacejenkins
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM

At my niece's birthday party we bought some inexpensive picture frames from the Dollar Tree and some stuff to decorate them with.  We used my digital camera to take pictures of the each child with the birthday girl and printed them at home.   The kids got to take home a photo frame they made with a picture of them with my niece.    Memories that will last a lifetime.

dawnjohnson5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Quoting jacejenkins:

At my niece's birthday party we bought some inexpensive picture frames from the Dollar Tree and some stuff to decorate them with.  We used my digital camera to take pictures of the each child with the birthday girl and printed them at home.   The kids got to take home a photo frame they made with a picture of them with my niece.    Memories that will last a lifetime.

Do you think that the boys will enjoy that as well?

jacejenkins
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Quoting dawnjohnson5:

Quoting jacejenkins:

My son was 13 years old at the time and he liked the idea of it.   My son loves taking pictures of his friends and stuff, he is 15 years old now.  

dawnjohnson5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Quoting jacejenkins:

Quoting dawnjohnson5:

Quoting jacejenkins:

My son was 13 years old at the time and he liked the idea of it.   My son loves taking pictures of his friends and stuff, he is 15 years old now.  

Thank you so much for your help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)