Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with outgrown un-needed carseats?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

Both my girls are in "big kid" seats now.

I have 2 EvenFlo Triumph seats that I have no idea what to do with?

Anyone know?

shoppingCHEAP - EASY & YUMMY MEALS!!eating

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM

if they are expired throw them out. if they are still good and not expired  and never been in accident give them to someone you know

ambersmommy730

Cut the straps up and the covers and throw them away. They could have damage to the shell of the seats and it is not reccomended that they be used again. 

CafeMom Tickersits a boyEthan- Due January 15, 2010

cmb121906

As long as they haven't been in an accident and are not expired, you could donate them to a shelter or goodwill. If the above two apply to you, cut the straps and dispose of them properly.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

maybaby08
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I give them to DH to take to work. He's a police officer so they used the expired/ som "been in an accident" car seats to train safety techs and the still safe ones they give to people that come to the safety checks that need the right car seat/cannot afford one.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

beccajain2008
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I clean them up if they need it and then write  a note with the FULL history of the carseat and tape it to the carseat and give it to a thrift store. 

also you can give it to a crisis center- they loan them to moms for free.

Or you can advertise it on freecycle.org  so someone who needs a carseat but cant afford  to buy one can take it

or sell it on craigslist if you need the cash

Proud wife  to Randy &Proud mom to Noah age 6 5/7/03,Hannah age4 3/30/05 and Leah age 2 4/20/07

"It's a poverty to decide that a child must die, so you can live as you want." - Mother Theresa

00momma00
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I donated my old carseats to health and welfare for kids that come into foster care with nothing.

Wifey0713
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Save them if your having more kids.... Give them away to people who need them if you dont want them.

Brenna
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I give them to the domestic violence crisis center.

beccajain2008
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I was giving my advice under the assumption that the carseats are still safe and not expired--  if they are expired or damaged  throw them away! 

Proud wife  to Randy &Proud mom to Noah age 6 5/7/03,Hannah age4 3/30/05 and Leah age 2 4/20/07

"It's a poverty to decide that a child must die, so you can live as you want." - Mother Theresa

CAarmywife
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM

i would give them away to either someone you know, or to someplace that could use them. to me, as long as they are still safe someone could use it. and if u give it for free, to me that really is a sign that u are telling the truth about them not been in an accident because u arent making a buck off of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)