Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does your toddler react to Halloween decor?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: How does your toddler react to Halloween decor?

Options:

Positively terrified!

Loves them!

Could care less

Is only interested in the candy.

I don't let him/her near any of it!

So-so.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

I took my 2 year old into a Halloween store today to find him a costume.  The place wasn't too bad, pretty big, everything spread out.  They didn't have any carts and he wanted to be held, so I carried him.  Poor little guy go so scared, he just buried his face into my neck and wouldn't stop shaking.  We left after about 5 minutes cause I didn't want him to get more freaked out than he already was.  They didn't have any costumes that interested me anyway, at least not for a toddler.

Last year, DH, our son and I were at Lowe's and they had some Halloween stuff there, including one of those big animatronic witches w/ glowing eyes that cackle.  We ended up walking by it, and it went off (motion sensor) and it completely freaked the crap out of him.  Never saw that much terror in his eyes ever, and he was crying and trying to climb out of the shopping cart into my arms.  And you know what?  A few minutes later my DH wanted to walk by it again to see if he would react the same and I told him "like hell!" I mean we were 20-30 feet away from it at that point and our son was still freaking out. 

Yeah I think its going to be awhile before he's into Halloween, LOL.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gypsydancer7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM

My almost 3 yo is completely into it but she isnt a scarrdy cat about anything!! lol.....she brought me a huge spider once...and then chased me with it once she realized I wasnt a fan.....

Ladyinthewater
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM

We have always been big into halloween for us it is a MAJOR holiday and we treat it as such. we are starting to do decor now and even when my son was little it never buged him .. he could really care less. I think it depends on how early you introduce them to it, he has been since the first halloween

I am a almost 30 yr old mommy I am a SAHM that's hates her life as just a mommy and a wife I love my son to death he is my heart and soul I love my husband and he is my honey bunches of oats. my mom and my sister are my best friend. i do spank my child i do support making marijuana legal i don't believe in CIO and I think the ERFing is stupid, I let my kid eat what he wants and play video games i am not here for your approval but i do like a good debate ya don't like it tough you wanna know more cool

s.a.d.k.mommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM

My kids are ok unless someone walks up with a really scary mask on. Then they will freak out!!

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM

my dd is 3 and when she sees monsters she gets scared and cries

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:30 PM

My daughter sees it as an opportunity to scare people with fake spiders. lol.

EsmeVincent
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:38 PM

well last year was ds first halloween and he was 10months, but I was SOOOOOOOOOO excited that I got to dress him up for halloween that we started going into halloween stores to look at costumes and other things in Sept and he never ONCE was scared of the scary things...He wanted to grab everything.  We haven't went to look at anything halloween yet but I am going to let him pick out his costume, even tho I have a feeling its gonna be a clifford costume cause he LOVES dogs.

I just figure as long as you act like the scary stuff is fun or funny he'll love it too....Ds is more scared of strangers trying to talk to him....unless you are a woman, he'll warm up to you ALOT faster

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)