Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any mommies not celebrate Halloween because of religious reasons?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM
  • 42 Replies

I dont, but my daughter is only two. Im Christian and its usually frowned upon. i need to do research why because i dont fully understand it. if not, what do you do for your kids instead, if anything?

Nena

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheSinFamily
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I do with my kids, but we didn't celebrate when I was growing up. I first went trick or treating when I was in 8th grade! LOL The church we went to did a "Harvest Festival" the same night as Halloween and it was more fun than going trick or treating. They had games, rides, mazes, etc and at every booth you got candy. They also dressed up but it was never anything "scary" or "evil". I have pictures of when I was about 3 and dressed as an Indian. We might take our kids to a church here that does a festival.

ap.sahm
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:15 PM

we do not celebrate halloween, for religious reasons
we do not do something else, bc. it is not a special day 

CLICK ANY ICON TO FIND SOME GREAT GROUPS!

APCHRISTIANS    LLLCAFEMOM       NATURAL

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Quoting ap.sahm:

we do not celebrate halloween, for religious reasons
we do not do something else, bc. it is not a special day 

LadySandoval
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM

We take the kids to a Harvest Festival at church. I think it's important to fill up the day with something fun so they don't feel like they are missing out. Our reasons are less about religion and more about safety. I don't want my kids getting candy from strangers. 

prego7386
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM

my SIL doesn't let hers celebrate it..his brother and wife are complete opposites of us lol its our favorite holiday. Instead they have the girls do a "spa day"...i feel sorry for them because they don't get to dress up and get candy but whatever im not their mom.

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM

we are christian and we take our dd trick or treating i toyed with this for a long time but discoverd that has long has she dont dress up satan or demon like or anything but nice stuff like princess and animals and we just take her to houses we know then i dont see anything wrong its not like we are worshiping things or doing seances or anything JMO

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM

that is another reason why we dont do Halloween.

Quoting LadySandoval:

We take the kids to a Harvest Festival at church. I think it's important to fill up the day with something fun so they don't feel like they are missing out. Our reasons are less about religion and more about safety. I don't want my kids getting candy from strangers. 

awooding
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM

We just moved here (D.C.) so we don't really know anyone well enough to do the door-to-door thing. Plus this town is so unsafe, I don't even like to have the windows open after the sun goes down. Did a search the other day and found out there are over 1500 registered sex offenders within something like a 10 mile radius from here. IF we are still here on Halloween (hoping to move SOON) we will not be going out. Just like any other day. We stay inside...for safety.

ETA: My apologies. I realize this is for those who do not celebrate for religious reasons. I guess I just felt like responding with those who have a safety reason for not celebrating.

~~~

Money may help you get by in life,

but it can't teach you how to enjoy it.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:47 PM

wow that is crazy... we know alot of ppl here in merced cali but i just dont trust going door to door espically how things are nowaday's i will go and buy like 3are 4 bags of candy to give to my kids in there lil bag's and go to our friend house and my MIL house and she will fill up their bags LOL.

Quoting awooding:

We just moved here (D.C.) so we don't really know anyone well enough to do the door-to-door thing. Plus this town is so unsafe, I don't even like to have the windows open after the sun goes down. Did a search the other day and found out there are over 1500 registered sex offenders within something like a 10 mile radius from here. IF we are still here on Halloween (hoping to move SOON) we will not be going out. Just like any other day. We stay inside...for safety.

ETA: My apologies. I realize this is for those who do not celebrate for religious reasons. I guess I just felt like responding with those who have a safety reason for not celebrating.

awooding
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Crazy but sadly not surprising. It's why we are in such a hurry to move.

Quoting godsgirl26:

wow that is crazy... we know alot of ppl here in merced cali but i just dont trust going door to door espically how things are nowaday's i will go and buy like 3are 4 bags of candy to give to my kids in there lil bag's and go to our friend house and my MIL house and she will fill up their bags LOL.

Quoting awooding:

~~~

Money may help you get by in life,

but it can't teach you how to enjoy it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)