Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kindergarten question

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

so kindergarten lasts for 2hr and 45 min here and i am wondering if i need to send with lunch? do they actually eat. my son will attend the pm kindergarten so he will leave our house right after lunch. so do they have a time they eat during those 2 hr and 45 min? cause if they do of course i will send stuff with him.. he starts wed :)

Mother of 4  Nicholas Andre',Cerina Renee,Emma May and Benjamin Blaze

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
reecenkaden
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Here they have snack about an hour in, nothing heavy, graham crackers, cheese sticks stuff like that.

dancingpengiune.gif the dancer image by jjjohnnaThis Penguin Dances for Freedom From Religion
I got that BOOM BOOM POW!!!

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM

They will probably have a 10 minute snack break. I am sure the teacher will send a note home on appropriate snacks for the classroom.  

Kairi is a big three year old!

kmab0629
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM

My kiddo was in kinder last year, he started school at 11:30am.  His teacher told us to make sure he ate before.  She also informed us that in the beginning of class they had a time frame where they were able to eat a snack if the parents provided one.  She gave us guidelines to follow though of course. 

I usually fed my son before, and then as soon as he came out of school I fed him again because he was usually "so starving he could eat a horse" <- his words not mine lol.

Every school is different though =)  I'd feed him before hand if he is in the PM class till you are able to find out more info!

Kaelaasmom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Sorry, we do all day Kindergarten here, but here's a bump. 

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

ap.sahm
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM

send a healthy snack like whole grain crackers, cheese stick, and juice 

CLICK ANY ICON TO FIND SOME GREAT GROUPS!

APCHRISTIANS    LLLCAFEMOM       NATURAL

betsyfaith
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Every district is diff. more than likely there will be a snack of some sort, check thru any paperwork you have, if you don't find the answer, give the school a call tomorrow, as at the very minimum, office admin will be there, and will know.

mommeof5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Last  yr when my son was in kindergarden i took him to the cafeteria to eat lunch b4 class, then the parents would provide snacks for the whole class, like gramham crackers,cheese its,grain bars,just whatever the parents decided to  bring and if a parents didnt bring the teacher always had back up snacks.

monkeysmom2003
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:23 PM

ditto we do pre-kinder half day and you could choose morning or afternoon. in the morning they serve breakfast and the afternoon lunch .

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Sorry, we do all day Kindergarten here, but here's a bump. 

I would love to have some amigas !! that
also speak Spanish .(I'm Mexican but raised in the USA) I'm a stay at
home mom of two kids  . a five year old boy and a two year old girl .
they are my world .. my dh is American and we met in high school .we
got secretly married on march 19 2003.. during spring break .  and on
our honeymoon we each went to our own home to sleep , also i do believe
in a god , but not in the bible. so if you will like to know me better
send me a friend request .. O yeah I write better in Spanish!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)