Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does you child call you by the names your...(PIOG)

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

Husband calls you? The other day my oldest dd said thanks for dinner mom then she said thanks for dinner hon and she looks at me and goes why does daddy call you that? Just now my youngest handed me something for the dryer and she goes here honey, LOL! Does anyone elses children do this, it is just so darn cute!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LuvMyHannahNZac
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:40 PM

My 29 mth old calls us "babe" We address each other (Dh and I) as "babe" mainly, so she imitates. Last night, for example I placed his plate in front of him and he said "thanks babe" Then I passed out the cups, and DD said "Thanks Babe" when I handed her hers.

However....it backfires! Dh was being a punk the other night, snapping a towel at me in the yard. I yelled at him "knock it off asshole" totally forgetting DD was outside with us. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard "knock off asshole" out of her mouth. So I quickly countered with "No, honey...mommy said APPLE" It worked, she started calling him an apple =) 

HybridMom27
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Yeah, my kids sometimes will say "honey" but not frequently. 

DH and I have a little call we do for each other - it's a goofy thing, really, but we've been doing it for so long!  And periodically the kids will try to do it too. 

Mandafers
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:43 PM

My DD does that toward my DH. She'll hear me call him by his name so she'll run around saying, "David! David" or when I call him honey. She likes to call him honey too.

The other day she said, "Here you go mommy dear" to me. It was so sweet and cute!

"Tolerance means I treat you with respect even when we totally disagree. You're a child of God. You're worthy of dignity. We may disagree, but we're going to tolerate each other, and even more than that, we can be friends. You're never going to please everybody. I don't need to agree with somebody in order to love them." - Rick Warren

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM

LMAO, yes done that one before in traffic I yelled way to go dumb ass and what comes from the back seat, where is the dumb ass!

Quoting LuvMyHannahNZac:

My 29 mth old calls us "babe" We address each other (Dh and I) as "babe" mainly, so she imitates. Last night, for example I placed his plate in front of him and he said "thanks babe" Then I passed out the cups, and DD said "Thanks Babe" when I handed her hers.

However....it backfires! Dh was being a punk the other night, snapping a towel at me in the yard. I yelled at him "knock it off asshole" totally forgetting DD was outside with us. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard "knock off asshole" out of her mouth. So I quickly countered with "No, honey...mommy said APPLE" It worked, she started calling him an apple =) 

nookers
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM

My kids are are adopted ~ and they were for almost 3 yrs my foster kids. my now 8y/o called me mommy from the start(He was 5) my now 9y/o told me he would call me mom once he was adopted. He had actually asked us to adopt him at age 6! There was a lot of extended family drama ~ and when the judge actually gave us an adoption date he randomly started calling me "ma" LOL ~ The oldest called me mom since the day he move in ~ and he asked me if it was OK and if it would be OK to call DH *dad* (that made me cry) My DD at 3 called me "Miss Nancy"(as that is what her previous foster mom introduced me as. Now she is 6 and it's mom, mommy, mama. When the boys are mad at me they call me by my first name. They tried calling me Nook ~ but DH put a stop to that ~ He told them that was HIS name for me. (It's been my nick name since I was a teen ~ I'm now 50! and all my friends call me Nook/Nookers)

Edit ~ My 2 1/2 y/o foster dd calls me mommy, mama ~ This really upsets her bio mom, but she has never been a "mommy" to this precious child nor has she tried for the past (almost)year!

NOOKERS<><
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)