Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone make the military wife purses from BDU's?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

My husband is no longer in the military but I would love to have a bag made from his BDU's.  Do any of you crafty women make them or know someone who does?  I have looked on a few websites but just didn't like what I saw.  If you do, can you please PM me or post pictures and let me know how much you charge and what I would need to send to you?  I am wanting a decent size bag that can carry books.  I would like it to have pink lining.

Thanks in advance! 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M0M0F03
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I've never heard of doing that, but my husband has tons of his old BDU's...I googled them to just see what they were....I liked this one...thanks for the idea, but I can't sew either...lol

Military BDU Bragg Bag with Pink Camo

Here is a  link they are $40

BNI
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:04 PM

All I can say is ewwwww I wouldnt want my DH's lol... He works on the planes. So he comes home STINKY! And the smell dosnt always come out of his ABU's/BDUs

mommyofblueyes
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I don't but I just recently had one made for me..

Look on this website, there are a few people on there that make them...just search camo purses.

www.Etsy.com  

mommyofblueyes
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM

LOL..my husband comes home so greasy, but he does not work in his jackets, so they are not so bad.

Quoting BNI:

All I can say is ewwwww I wouldnt want my DH's lol... He works on the planes. So he comes home STINKY! And the smell dosnt always come out of his ABU's/BDUs

FL2AK
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I love this one!  Thanks! Did you order this one from Etsy?

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

Look on this website, there are a few people on there that make them...

www.Etsy.com

mommyofblueyes
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I didn't but, I think the lady that made it for me might have a etsy page.  I will let you know if I come across it. (:

Quoting FL2AK:

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

www.Etsy.com

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM

LOL this is what my thought was. All the stuff that ends up on him. more than likely my bag would be permanently flammable. BUT OP I would possibly look on etsy.com. Walmart or Micheals usually has some really easy to follow designs. GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting BNI:

FL2AK
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Thank you so much.  I will have to get on Etsy again and see what I can find.  I looked a couple months ago but just didnt see anything that I liked.  Maybe I will have better luck this time. 

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

I didn't but, I think the lady that made it for me might have a etsy page.  I will let you know if I come across it. (:

Quoting FL2AK:

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

www.Etsy.com

mommyofblueyes
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:22 PM

yeah, I just looked through all of them, and some of them are pretty lame, lol.  I did not see her name though, so she must not sell them on there...sorry.  We are stationed in Germany, so it would probably be a pain for her if she did.  If she does have one, and I over looked it, I will let you know!  She is really awesome, and makes them very sturdy!!  Good luck...I hope you find someone, and you are more then welcome to use mine as an example of what you want. 

Quoting FL2AK:

Thank you so much.  I will have to get on Etsy again and see what I can find.  I looked a couple months ago but just didnt see anything that I liked.  Maybe I will have better luck this time. 

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

Quoting FL2AK:

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

www.Etsy.com

FL2AK
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Thanks!  I will save the picture of yours so I can show people exactly what I am looking for.  I live near an Army base so maybe I will see if they have a group on here to find someone who can make it.  I am not crafty at all or I would try it myself.   

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

yeah, I just looked through all of them, and some of them are pretty lame, lol.  I did not see her name though, so she must not sell them on there...sorry.  We are stationed in Germany, so it would probably be a pain for her if she did.  If she does have one, and I over looked it, I will let you know!  She is really awesome, and makes them very sturdy!!  Good luck...I hope you find someone, and you are more then welcome to use mine as an example of what you want. 

Quoting FL2AK:

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

Quoting FL2AK:

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

www.Etsy.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)