Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Speech

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

For all of those who are soooo concerned about tomorrows speech, the full text has been posted online.  (Sorry if someone has already posted this!)

www.politicsdaily.com/2009/09/07/obamas-back-to-school-speech-the-prepared-text/

There is nothing wrong with this speech - they are the same things many of us tell our own children.  Please do not start any drama, just educate yourselves before you jump to conclusions!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrimli
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:10 PM

i just read it and i think it's great.  should be very inspiring.  i did not detect any of the "brainwashing" so many people were worried about. : )

Fedwife
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I thought it was really good, too!  I think the people who are up in arms about this will feel really silly when (and if) they read it!

Quoting mrimli:

i just read it and i think it's great.  should be very inspiring.  i did not detect any of the "brainwashing" so many people were worried about. : )

mrimli
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM

They will most likely still find a reason not to send their kids on that day.

Quoting Fedwife:

I thought it was really good, too!  I think the people who are up in arms about this will feel really silly when (and if) they read it!

Quoting mrimli:

steelcrazy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM

OMG - I was shocked that the President would ask our children to do such horriable things (sarcasm).  Honestly, I'm dazed and confused about all the uproar.  Where's the brainwashing?  I swear people just need to create drama where there is none!

Before you comment and jump to conclusions, READ THE SPEECH YOURSELF, I did!

SteelCrazy

Mom 2 two boys, bugga-boo & cutie-boo, and twin boy angels in heaven.

baseball     slideangelangel

Mercy121
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:20 PM

and that is why even though my kids don't start school until wednesday i will make sure they watch it. 

groombride   at the beachfloating in pool

Renewing our vows February 13, 2010

MissAndrea125
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I honestly don't like him. But if it were available for my kids to watch, I would let them. Just because I don't like him and don't agree with him, isn't really a reason to keep my kids from watching this. If it hadn't been available to read and review beforehand, and my kids were old enough to actually understand things on a more mature level, I would probably not let them watch it until I had seen it first. I don't trust the man. But if this is word for word what he is gonna say, I think it sounds fine.  (My kids are in 1st and 2nd grade and it isn't gonna be offered in their classrooms)

sandeetraveler
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:24 PM

It is something that every president should do.  I hope it becomes a tradition that every president will follow,  but I doubt it because of all the uproar,

The complainers were not thinking about their children or about education.

navyma23
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I have serious issues with this speech!!!!

He ONLY mentioned the Xbox, geez way to leave out all the other systems...HAHA!!!

I am not an Obama supporter in any way. But I absoultely loved his speech! I think he is trying to inspire children to own up! I really hope they do show the speech in my kids' school. I think its fabulous!

Moving to or live at Great Lakes Naval Station? Come join my group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/greatlakesmommys
Are you a Navy wife?, need answers?
http://www.cafemom.com/group/NavyWives
Do you play Xbox 360? Come join us!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/momswho360
Do you live in Lake County IL? Come join!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/lakecountyillinois

Fedwife
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:28 PM

laughing

Quoting navyma23:

I have serious issues with this speech!!!!

He ONLY mentioned the Xbox, geez way to leave out all the other systems...HAHA!!!

I am not an Obama supporter in any way. But I absoultely loved his speech! I think he is trying to inspire children to own up! I really hope they do show the speech in my kids' school. I think its fabulous!

jessf113
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I read it and thought it was great too. But I'm a teacher and we got an email saying that we are NOT allowed to show it. It didn't say why.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)