Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH doesn't know how to clean....

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok. So, I was reading another post where a mom was trying to get her son to clean and another said her LO was lazy about it and it made me think of something. My DH doesn't know how to clean. Like, dishes, sure, that's easy, throw it in the dishwasher and you're done. But the one time he cleaned the kitchen, he just wiped down the counters with a sponge. Yuck!! And his dog tore up a wakeboard and he had to clean it up and there was still pieces all over the place. Seriously? How do you get your DH's to clean properly whenever they do clean. I don't have him clean very often at all but, when he does it just pisses me off because I have to go back over it and it's like he never did it in the first place.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I make my husband and son clean to the best of their ability and then I go behind them and wrap it up.  They usually make some sort of dent and that lessens my load!

azn_ladie82
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Honestly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to clean anything. Lots of people men and women like to take shortcuts when it comes to cleaning. Lazy in my opinion. My husband knows how to clean,I've seen him do it before we got married but all that shit changed once we got married. Now it's "you won't like the way I clean" or "you'll get mad at me if I clean". That's just being lazy to me. Since your hubs is a Marine, I'll bet your ass he knows how to clean but just won't do it the right way cause he knows you'll clean up after him. You just start to know this stuff after 6 years of marriage like me..lol. My husband was Army so I know he knows how to clean as well. 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:05 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  this CafeMom Group:
Advice for Moms

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I can't really comment because DH is a better cleaner than I am. 

However, it does drive me crazy that he doesn't load the dishwasher like I do and that after living in this house for 15 years, when he unloads the dishwasher, there is usually a piece or two that he doesn't know what to do with and leaves it on the counter for me.  After 15 years you'd think know!

Vampee_Mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I used to have issues with the way my husband cleaned.

Not anymore though..

In my case.. The problem wasn't my husband NOT knowing how to clean. It was that he didn't clean the way I cleaned or thought something should be cleaned.  Once I realized that. I let it go and how he cleaned didn't really matter to me anymore, I just start appreciating that he did clean in order to help me out.. Like I said though. That was in mine and my husband's case.

If your husband truly doesn't know how to clean.. Then you best bet may just to teach him how to do it.

Kestrel1
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Are you sure this isn't a case of man doing a shitty job to 'prove' that he is just oh so dumb so you wont ask him to help?

I confronted my hubbs with that and told him I couldn't trust him with anything that involved details since he couldn't even be bothered to fold the laundry right and he picked up the slack - which just proves to me he plays dumb just get it done quick on jobs that he really doesn't care about.

Were it my hubbs I would comet the sponge do an extra half butt swipe on the counter and be like 'it's clean right?' and if he said yeah, I wouldn't leave him alone till he licked it.  If he wont lick it, it's not clean.

Aislinn
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Easy. I do not let him clean! lol He tries, he really does, but hat takes me an hour will take him four. He does all the cooking, cat box and garbage, I do all the cleaning and laundry. To be fair, though, he will not let me cook...lol

Aislinn
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Quoting Kestrel1:

Are you sure this isn't a case of man doing a shitty job to 'prove' that he is just oh so dumb so you wont ask him to help?

I confronted my hubbs with that and told him I couldn't trust him with anything that involved details since he couldn't even be bothered to fold the laundry right and he picked up the slack - which just proves to me he plays dumb just get it done quick on jobs that he really doesn't care about.

Were it my hubbs I would comet the sponge do an extra half butt swipe on the counter and be like 'it's clean right?' and if he said yeah, I wouldn't leave him alone till he licked it.  If he wont lick it, it's not clean.

LMAO

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Have him sit & watch you clean.  Then mess it up again & have him go at it & critique him?

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

MarineWife1108
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM

That could be a big possibility. Considering he is a Marine and like a PP said, he should know how to clean. They don't let you get away with half-a$$ing anything in the Marines. Lately I don't really mind as much wether he helps or not. The only reason he had to clean up the wake board stuff was because his dog did it. The only chore we share is dishes. That's because we only have 1 set of dishes and I've been getting really annoyed at having to do dishes everyday or every two days. I'm thinking about buying another set.

Quoting Kestrel1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)