Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 21 Replies

I want to start my own business but need some help.

I live in Napa where if you are a mom or under 21 there is nothing to do. I have 2 ideas but the first one is the one I am more excited about.

Forget the 2nd idea. I am doing the first one. I am very excited but I want this so be the best so I want to know what all of you want in a child friendly  coffee shop. Here is the link so you can get an idea for what I want to do.

http://www.javamama.com/index.php

If any of you San Diego moms have been here please let me know what you like and what you would change. Thanks!

1st idea- A coffee house for moms and kids. There would be a play room and outside play space with seating so moms can hang out and the kids can play. I also want to have a meeting room so clubs can meet and the kids would be in the next room with a staff member or 2 watching them. The moms would be able to talk but still see their little one.

2nd idea- A teen only club house. (I don't know what to call it) It would have a coffee bar with snacks and a sitting area, an arcade room, a video game room with a big screen TV where a group of kids can play together.

There are more details but you get the idea. I just want to know what you think and if any of you have some ideas. I need to do this I just want some help so it goes well.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nics_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Thanks for the advice!!!!

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I like both ideas. Maybe you could find a way to combine the two.

iraqimoonbeam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:40 PM

hi neighbor,i live  in vallejo,ca! i really love the first idea!

FL2AK
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:41 PM

The best place to start would be your local Small Business Administration.  They offer workshops on business plan writing and how to get funding.  You can also research how many people live in the area that would be your target customer.  They have access to so much information that you will need.  Good luck!!

devasmom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Hello...San Jose, Ca here. I love your 1st idea!!

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

nics_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I dont know if that would work. I don't see teens going to a place with baby toys. I also forgot to say that the teen place I would like to make non-profit so the kids would not have to spend a lot of money so they could go all the time.

Bekah062205
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM

they have a coffee house like that here in San Diego....i say go for the 1st idea....its a great place for cafemomers to meet up for play dates. I like the idea of a outdoor play space for the older kids and a indoor play space for the smaller children. Make sure you find some good coffees and snacks and kid friendly snacks too...maybe to some sandwiches as well...which im sure you already thought of....anyways..i really like the 1st idea and i say go for it!

wedding tickers

nics_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:46 PM

There is a coffee shop in Oakland that is for moms and it is doing great. They are also a cafe which would be nice but I want to start small with only coffee and snacks. I am going to look into business start up help but I want to hear what you would  want in a place like this. I need ideas so this will be a great business! Thanks everyone!

nics_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Quoting Bekah062205:

they have a coffee house like that here in San Diego....i say go for the 1st idea....its a great place for cafemomers to meet up for play dates. I like the idea of a outdoor play space for the older kids and a indoor play space for the smaller children. Make sure you find some good coffees and snacks and kid friendly snacks too...maybe to some sandwiches as well...which im sure you already thought of....anyways..i really like the 1st idea and i say go for it!

We were in SD for 5 1/2 years and I never heard about this! I will look into it.

I was thinking about organic and some sugar free snacks. I love to bake so I will make the food. I don't have any idea what to do about the coffee though.

nics_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Do you know what  its called?

Quoting Bekah062205:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)