Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why????????????????

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:08 PM
  • 83 Replies

I have a question.  How hard is it for grown ladies to use correct grammar?  I am not talking about using spell check EVERY TIME you post something. What I am talking about is when someone posts & it is a HUGE run on sentence or has a ton of misspelled words.  I am sorry, but sometimes it is hard to even understand when you are trying to read it.  I am really, really not trying to be rude-but it just gets annoying at times!

Does anyone else agree?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
airforewifenmom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Does it really matter? No.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I just move on if I get too frustrated trying to read through it.

GracieLullaby27
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM

i agree with the OP and i think it does matter, especially if the person is looking for help or advice...half the time i can't even really understand what the hell the problem is because of their grammar. If I can't understand what the issue is, than how the hell am I spose to offer advice??

And I do have to say I understand that people will not always use proper grammar-especially when pissed off and venting. I'm not a super great speller myself and when I am extremly pissed, I don't take the time to worry about where I should break up my sentences!!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
reecenkaden
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM

ihavenoideawhatyouretalkingaboutmygrammarisperfectyouneedahugorsomethingitsokaywereallimperfecthere

caeruleusdea
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:13 PM

i have bad grammar because of a learning disability. i'm try to work on it

yesitsme311
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I totally get what you are saying but you are going to get so bashed for this. People are going to call you names and say that you think you are perfect. You cant get away from that stuff in this group. The maturity level in here is amazing, amazingly low.  Oh wait, I will probably get bashed for saying that...LOL.  Whatever.

anetrnlov
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM

It is annoying.  Usually, if I have a hard time reading it I leave the post.

The way to help the world is to start with your own family. ~Mother Teresa

sll1976
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Doesn't bother me.  If I can't understand what someone's saying, then I leave the post. 

mommywife06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Quoting sll1976:

Doesn't bother me.  If I can't understand what someone's saying, then I leave the post. 

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Most people really aren't that formal when on the internet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)