Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the differnce in breastfeeding laying down and feeding and bottle feeding laying down proped up beside you?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

any one know?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JGLeagones
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I have no idea, good luck

Heres a bump

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net
tabi_cat1023
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Well the difference is that bottles drip constatly and allow the milk to pool, this can cause tooth decay and it can flow back into their ears and cause ear infections.  Because of the way a babies mouth moves different with the breast the milk is pushed to the back of the mouth and generally does not pool, also the breast doesn't drip, it takes sucking and pretty strong sucking to get milk out.

luvmybaby430
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:23 PM

okay cool, I thank you so much.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Well the difference is that bottles drip constatly and allow the milk to pool, this can cause tooth decay and it can flow back into their ears and cause ear infections.  Because of the way a babies mouth moves different with the breast the milk is pushed to the back of the mouth and generally does not pool, also the breast doesn't drip, it takes sucking and pretty strong sucking to get milk out.

terrabiglieri
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Is the bottle breastmilk or formula? Because then id say they are different milk, but if your asking is one safer id say your breast doesnt leak as easily as a bottle and your baby could choke....but if your right there it wouldnt really be a problem.  I dont think its a matter of decay...breastmilk can cause decay as well and if your brushing your babies teeth when they get them then I wouldnt worry about that! My baby is one and drinks from a bottle on the floor with his blankie. He chooses to lay that way, he walks and could get up if he really wanted to. He has no tooth decay or ear infections like people say can happen. Its not like he drinks like that all day, and im sure your baby doesnt either. Well good luck !

tabi_cat1023
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Quoting terrabiglieri:

Is the bottle breastmilk or formula? Because then id say they are different milk, but if your asking is one safer id say your breast doesnt leak as easily as a bottle and your baby could choke....but if your right there it wouldnt really be a problem.  I dont think its a matter of decay...breastmilk can cause decay as well and if your brushing your babies teeth when they get them then I wouldnt worry about that! My baby is one and drinks from a bottle on the floor with his blankie. He chooses to lay that way, he walks and could get up if he really wanted to. He has no tooth decay or ear infections like people say can happen. Its not like he drinks like that all day, and im sure your baby doesnt either. Well good luck !

Actually according to research formula and bottles in general is what causes tooth decay, breastfeeding is different because of the way the milk pools..but heres some info just FYI

http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/bfeed_caries.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)