Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: At what age is he big enough to go out and play?

Options:

Now, 2 1/2

Next summer, 3.5

4 years old

5 years old

6 years old

other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Ok I have two girls who are 7 and 9 and a little guy who is 2 1/2. At what age would you be comfortable allowing him to go outside in the yard to play without complete adult supervision? The yard is not fenced in and we dont live in a bad neighborhood but not the greatest either.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
terrabiglieri
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM

We live in the country with no fence and only really old neighbors next door. I allow my 4 1/2 and 3 yr old go outside to play. I do check on them every like 20-30 min just to see where their at and what their doing. They are good about not going under our neighbors fence, they stay in the grass or in the front on the driveway. They started it at 4 and 2 1/2 only because my 4 yr old would tell me everything every 5 min her sister was doing! LOL

jahvarzionmomma
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM

cat

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM

I picked other because it all depends on the kids and neighborhood. If it wasn't near the street and I knew neighbors, probably 5ish if the kid was well behaved and knew to stay IN the yard and what to do if someone approached them. I wouldn't leave them out w/o supervision for more than a couple minutes though.

Butterfly07Mama
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I let my son go play in the front yard and he will be 2 on the 27th. The ONLY reason i allow him out front without me is my front yard is small and fenced and is a privacy  fence,I have a lock on my gate at all times so he cant get out and no one can get in. If it wasnt for my fence and all i would not let him out front without someone because we live on the corner of our block.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)