Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it worth it to you...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM
  • 30 Replies

If you were to go to work and only bring home $200 a month? I've been applying for jobs and I've come across one I'm qualified for. It's an office job 8-5 m-f which is what I'm looking for. But I would only make 17,000 annually which breaks down to like 1,400 a month. I'd have childcare for 2 full time and 2 after school, plus my gas going back and forth this job is about 15 miles one way so 30 miles round trip.

I've been checking out day cares one I've looked at is awesome I know because I used to work there but the tuition is 965/month. The other I looked into is $568/ month and it's ehhh not great but just ok.

I've always had the mind set if I was to bring home $100 dollars a month it was worth it but I'm not for sure I would bring home that much after all is said and done. So I don't even know if I should apply. I don't really have to work, but I want to go back to work. I haven't been in the workforce in about 3 years and I'm just ready to get back out there.

So what do ya'll think is it worth it to you?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwaysyoung
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM

bump

mommywife06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:56 PM

The hours is normal business hours I think it should pay more, but the way things are now(economy wise) I would jump on any job, but the hours for that pay. lol. So its like back and forth with me and IM not even the one applying lol 

iluvmylilmen
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Yes...I need my job for sanity and I love how my daycare lets my boys interact with other kids their age. I think it benefits both parties even if you just break even.

love_my_family
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:58 PM

for all it's worth-if you don't have to work because your husband makes enough-i wouldn't.  i would LOVE to be a sahm but i have to work to make ends meet.  your children will be grown soon enough and you can work then but if you don't have to, i wouldn't.  just my opinion.

brandithesuperm
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:58 PM

LOL I know right!!!! I don't know what to do. I asked my mom she said she doesn't think it's worth it. My so could care less either way soooo I'm confused!!!!

Quoting mommywife06:

The hours is normal business hours I think it should pay more, but the way things are now(economy wise) I would jump on any job, but the hours for that pay. lol. So its like back and forth with me and IM not even the one applying lol 

mommywife06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I would if we wasnt hurting that bad but could use extra money for fun or a bill or something but not hurting bad. But its the hours is what keeps getting me lol. Those 8-5 should be paid more, but if its an easy job I wouldnt mind lol

Quoting brandithesuperm:

LOL I know right!!!! I don't know what to do. I asked my mom she said she doesn't think it's worth it. My so could care less either way soooo I'm confused!!!!

Quoting mommywife06:

brandithesuperm
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Well I've been on both sides of the fence working mom and sahm. I like doing both yes my so makes enough for us but I just think of how much more we could have with an extra income. We are looking at buying a house and I would like to have extra money to do with what I please. We do have extras now but I don't know. I miss working and in this economy I don't think it would hurt any you never know what could happen.

Quoting love_my_family:

for all it's worth-if you don't have to work because your husband makes enough-i wouldn't.  i would LOVE to be a sahm but i have to work to make ends meet.  your children will be grown soon enough and you can work then but if you don't have to, i wouldn't.  just my opinion.

rednecksweet87
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I'd have to say no.

A NEW GROUP FOR SOUTHERN GIRLS :

http://www.cafemom.com/group/dixiegirlsrus

brandithesuperm
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I know...it is a pretty easy job the position is Staff Support. Which is like a receptionist pretty much. I'm actually probably over qualified for it. But I've been handing out resumes and filling out applications and since I haven't worked in so long I get looked over. So it's kinda like starting over for me. I guess I'm needing some current work references? I don't know what the deal is.

Quoting mommywife06:

I would if we wasnt hurting that bad but could use extra money for fun or a bill or something but not hurting bad. But its the hours is what keeps getting me lol. Those 8-5 should be paid more, but if its an easy job I wouldnt mind lol

Quoting brandithesuperm:

Quoting mommywife06:

brandithesuperm
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)