Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Shopping!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:20 PM
  • 52 Replies

How much do you have done? How much do you have left?

We only have SS big present ( an electric fourwheeler), stocking stuffers, and we are getting him race car flags. Other than that we are done with him.  We lucked up and found alot of awesome stuff for him on clearance racks.

All of our family will be receiving a picture of Aaden in a frame along with some baked goodies

I have no idea what I'm getting my husband. Any ideas?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjessers
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Ummm..yeah...haven't even started yet 

mommybug77
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:23 PM

anything i have is stuff from last year i did not give them. I have a lot for my youngest who will be 3 on 12/22. I do not know what to get my older girls as we have not seen what will be out yet. My youngest is asking for a tea set from fischer price i will get her.

184/169.5/150

jcsmummy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:25 PM

some stocking stuffers. and wrapping paper (we buy tons during boxing week, way cheaper that way). other than that we're not started yet.

Crystal, proud wife to Justin (12/17/07),
proud mommy to 'Turkey Pie' Jamie (01/19/05)
and 'Baby Bear' Corben (07/10/08)

cryssi_renee
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I have not started yet because my son's birthday is next month so I've been buying for that. After his birthday I will start.  My family is drawing names so each person only has to buy one present (we are all broke this year).  I always get my husband a $50 gift card for "Game Crazy" and $50 gift card for "FYE".   

Human beings are flawed and wrong and ugly, and that's OK. Not everybody can be Oprah all the time. Sometimes life sucks - sometimes it's awesome. -- Leslie Mann

maybaby08
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM

We've started with some little things. We won't be buying much this year. We've decided to take our normal Christmas budget, split it in quarters, spend 1/4 on DS, 1/4 on both DH and I plus our family and the other half on people who need Christmas to be a pick-me-up. It's been a ROUGH year for so many families. They deserve a wonderful Christmas more than we do.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

dolphin_gurl85
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Right now I am working on my sons gifts, Train table, geo traxs, tire toy box ,Hotwheels boombox, 1 or 2 movies. As for my nieces and nephews I have no idea, DH and I dont get each other gift.

MommytoKenzie08
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I haven't started yet but I have been thinking of what to get. First I will get DD and DH's done and then we will buy for hte little kids of the family. Last year we didn't have the budget to buy for the adults so we just bought for the little kids. This year I may send out some home made stuff...i'm not sure yet. It's hard to believe Christmas is almost here!

I think I may get DH some PJ's b/c he needs some new ones and I will start listening close for something he asks for or shows interest in so I can get it for him.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:31 PM

havent started yet.  Lookin forward to black friday sales for some good deals. 

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I've already started.  I buy for Hanukkah, Christmas and DD's birthday in November so I always get an early start.  I've bought some small things for my kids, my nieces and brother and father and a few stocking stuffers.  I don't really have ideas for big gifts except DS is getting an iPod.  DH and I have cut way back on our spending for each other.  I have no idea what I'll get him yet. 

gonetomiss
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I started about a month ago, just buying a few gifts whenever I'm out shopping.  It really takes the stress off, we only have one Toys R us and it serves Memphis and the neighboring suburbs so they run out of everything!   Have to shop early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)