Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the cashier smelled my soap

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:49 PM
  • 32 Replies

yesterday me and dh went to krogers to get some stuff and I happened to get some softsoap the kind for your hands.well when the cashier was ringing it up he opened it and sniffed it then tells me how good it smelled.um ok,I wasnt for sure if I should had said anything but now I think it was kinda gross and I should have said somting to him,Idk ,if I can find the reciept should I take it back and tell them what happend? to me it seemed odd now that I think about it but mabey Im overreacting

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
neenerashley
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM

That is odd. But its no reason to take it back. He just wanted to sniff it, no real harm done to the soap. Maybe he just likes to smell clean stuff?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

cmommag

I think you're overreacting.  Maybe the cashier was honestly curious.

bigmommasmomma

I think its a little weird they opened it but I also think your over reacting

**Fell asleep watching WowWow with her fish after repeatly saying she wasn't tired**

adamjackie

Ya it is odd but I wouldn't return it. That seems a little extreme.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:52 PM

While I agree it was weird, I don't think its anything to complain to management about or return/exchange. You SAW him do it, and he didn't change the soap in any way (as in spill some, or add anything strange to it) so I guess I just don't see the big deal.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I do think what he did was extremely odd but to take it back? Odd that he smelled it but odd to return it because he smelled it,imo..

Lilypie
Dimples04
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM

LOL, I smell the new lotions and soaps before I buy them.  I dont' do anything to harm them in anyway though.  Guess my point is you dont' know how many people have smelled your soaps/lotions before you get them. 

I am a Wife & Momma.  I am a Certified Domestic Violence Advocate, Certified Car Seat Technician, & CPR/First Aid Certif. Extended Rear Facing & Extended Harnessing Saves Lives. It is NOT about LAWS it IS about LIVES!! 

Over 90% of all car seats are not installed or used properly, is yours one?  Escaping Abuse? Please message me or view my journal. 

awooding
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I find nothing gross about it. He wasn't the first person to sniff that soap before you decided to buy it. People open up the containers to smell all sorts of things. Laundry soap, fabric softener, cleaning supplies, soaps, shampoos. People don't want to buy something that smells bad to them. No one really does, if they have a choice.

He didn't put his finger in it. Or like his penis or something. He just smelled it. Odd? Yeah, a little. To just stop scanning, open it up and smell it without any relevant conversation? Kinda weird, but I'd chalk that up to poor people skills. He was probably trying to show that friendliness businesses are always encouraging their employees to ooze all over the place.

~~~

Money may help you get by in life,

but it can't teach you how to enjoy it.

RoguesMommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:54 PM

not odd at all! Many ppl do it in the aisle, and you don't even know. I don't see the big deal- its not like he spit in it.

PhotobucketLilypie
gcstar42
by Shara on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:54 PM

it is a little weird that he did that while he was cashiering but i wouldnt take it back. if you think about it anybody could have smelled it before you picked it up so it isnt really any different. i know i smell stuff like that all the time to find the one that i like best. so if i smell one and dont like it i would just put it back for the next person

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)