Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What size do you think.............

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM
  • 18 Replies

so What size woman do you consider fat? Im not putting my size out there and no one has to...I just want opinions.....

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stTimeMama2010
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I don't think it is so much what size you are as much as how you carry yourself and how you dress yourself.

ballerinamom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Ummm... What size do you think is fat? lol.. I dare you to answer that question yourself.

HaydensMommy007

For me, if I were a size 6 or over, I would consider myself fat.

But I have issues.

When I see other women who are that size or even bigger than that I do not automatically think they are fat.

I would say fat would be anything that puts your health at risk, which I believe is something like 40lbs overweight

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

ElijahsMommy58

Quoting 1stTimeMama2010:

I don't think it is so much what size you are as much as how you carry yourself and how you dress yourself.

This.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM

theres not really an answer because women carry weight differently and are different heights.  

TheSinFamily
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM

what kind of fat are we talking about because that's pretty vague. It can be anywhere from fluffy to morbidly obese. ... For myself I would consider myself to be fluffy-fat since I am pregnant with #4 and currently a size 12. . .. .

mlmartinez
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Due to some meds I was on when I met DF, I was a size 5 and sometimes a 3.  Then when I got pregnant with DS I was a size 11/12 (which was my normal range even pre-meds) and now I am a 16.  So I think that I am overwieght not quite obese but definitely overwieght.  I won't say fat because most of it is in my boobs (38DDD/38F) and my thighs/butt (not giving you my measurements for that one lol).

I think it depends on BMI and how they wear it.

CafeMom Tickers
prayingforsnow
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM

In general, and if I had to choose a number, for women who are average height, I would say 14, since that's where plus sizes start. For the record, I'm a size 16 in pants. I have large breasts (38F) and wear XL shirts. I'm happy at a size 10 and do not consider myself fat at that size.

That being said, other women might look and feel wonderful at a 22. And then some others might look dumpy in an 8.

So, for me it really does depend on how she carries the weight.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything- that's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen
browneyes1166
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM

100% agree with this momma!!

Quoting faerie75:

theres not really an answer because women carry weight differently and are different heights.  

mlg87ok
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I really don't think it matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)