Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Little" thing that you are particular about...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM
  • 41 Replies

My sisters and I were discussing how OCD one of them are (don't worry, she was there and laughing about it) :), one thing we all did was want our groceries bagged a certain way. I almost always re-bag something when I go grocery shopping. The worst is when they put chemicals and food in together! My sister's money always has to be in order from lowest to highest denomination and all facing the same way....

So what little things that just drive you crazy if they are not done a certain way.

I will probably add more as I think of them.

STEPHANIE

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stTimeMama2010
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I do the money thing too. Also, I have to do everything in even numbers. I haven't been diagnosed with OCD but I'm pretty sure I have some mild form.

mlg87ok
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM

It irritates me if the clothes aren't folded a certain way(mostly shirts). My husband once folded clothes for me and I went through and re-folded all of them. Since then he is only allowed to do socks, pants, and towels.

serioussifL
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I have a ritual in the shower. I first wash my hair, then face, then condition my hair, then shave, then wash my body from bottom upwards, then rinse my hair, then brush my teeth. And it always has to be like that, always.

I am a breastfeeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

StarsChildren
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I just tell the baggers to buzz off and I do it myself since I have to have the groceries a certain way. All my money has to be facing the same way and in order. Things in the bedroom have to be in a certain spot. No one is allowed to vacuum or clean in the bedroom except myself, if it happens (since I am bi polar as well), I completely flip, that's what happened a week ago, I literally got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the carpet with wet rags and then proceeded to clean everything else. I have to write a certain way, if I don't, I end up using the paper as scratch paper and restarting to write. And there's so much more it isn't even funny... that's just the tip of the iceberg. Lol

pyrtlemommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:24 PM

My kitchen faucet has to always be turned to the right side. If I write something and mess up the slightest I will start over because I can't stand a mistake on paper. If I'm cooking and anyone tries to stir or touch anything I'm preparing I freak out. I have my movie collection in catergories and if one is outta place I do not like it whatsoever. I could continue but I'll stop there, lol!

whoda_thunk
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:26 PM

People who touch my baby in public!!  It annoys me!!!

frustrated

Lilypie

pregnancy calendar

mommaof2_girls
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Here's my list... I have the money thing too. When the dishwasher is loaded I have to have things grouped together (adult plates, kids plates, silverware grouped together, etc), when I hang clothes in the closet (just mine & the girls's - my husband thinks i'm nuts) they have to be facing the same way & grouped together by colors - except for the shorts, dresses, jeans. If he does their laundry & it isn't done "right" then I re-do it. I think he's learned by now just to let me put their clothes away. I can't stand to have empty hangers mixed in with the clothes that are hanging up. These are my main ocd's. If I'm sure I'll add more later.

perphexion
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I am really particular about people with dirty houses.  I don't mind a little junk but dirt such as ring in the toilet, no room and dirt in the kitchen and stuff sitting over the entire counter.  It drives me nuts and makes me want to itch.

mlmartinez
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Quoting 1stTimeMama2010:

I do the money thing too. Also, I have to do everything in even numbers. I haven't been diagnosed with OCD but I'm pretty sure I have some mild form.

me too! DF made fun of me when I was pregnant because it was worse then...like he would tap my bum 3 times and then took forever to do it a fourth time or he would do it 5 times and what not...it was bad lol...thankfully that went away (for the most part) after I had the baby..

CafeMom Tickers
Heartlight617
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:42 PM
I'm kind of like that when I load my cart! I try to keep items of the same ilk together! Then, to make it worse, or better:), I end up loading it like Jenga! lol I have to have my bed very neat, the sheets straight, pillows lined up, and feeling fresh and cool! I have gotten up in the middle of the night and redone my bed. I try not to remember that! lol Crooked pictures drive me nuts.Once I was at the doctor's office with my daughter and I started straightening his pictures. Well, he walked in and I was surprised, and embarassed, I said "Good thing you arrived! I was just about to start dusting!"
Carol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)