Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to pick a toy for our soon to be 1year old

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

ok ladies what is an inepensive toy that would be AWESOME for our little boys birthday?? He will be one! Please post pics if you can!!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I got the Playskool Busy Ball Popper for Naeem on his first bday and he's 2 1/2 now and it's still one of his favorite toys.   He loves balls!  You press button and it plays music and the balls fly out the top of the toy.  Here is a picture of it.  I had originally got his from Walmart but it's on Target's website as well and runs around 20 bucks.

Lauriemom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Define inexpensive for me, LOL

A giant ball for 2 or 3 dollars at Walmart would thrill a child that age

Giant foam letters or hop scotch board is fun too

chunky crayons

bath foam

A giant stuffed animal (again at walmart, ten bucks or so)

serioussifL
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Hubby just got DD a set of shape blocks that you can put in a shape hole in a box. Kind of confusing to explain. Well, she loves it!! (under $10 at amazon.com)

I am a breastfeeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

Amlong
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Both my daughter and son loved this at that age!!  great toy!

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I got the Playskool Busy Ball Popper for Naeem on his first bday and he's 2 1/2 now and it's still one of his favorite toys.   He loves balls!  You press button and it plays music and the balls fly out the top of the toy.  Here is a picture of it.  I had originally got his from Walmart but it's on Target's website as well and runs around 20 bucks.

apeclark2008
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Thats exactly what we got for our DS for his 1st B-day.... which was the 1st of this month!!! and He also got this one from a friend... Which he loves.....

PLAYSKOOL BUSY BASICS BALL-TIVITY CENTER

the balls Spin around in the middle and the animals move and stuff... all powered by air... Except the four D batteries!! LOL!!

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM

u can get this for like $6 at walmart

Quoting serioussifL:

Hubby just got DD a set of shape blocks that you can put in a shape hole in a box. Kind of confusing to explain. Well, she loves it!! (under $10 at amazon.com)

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM

My son is 21 months old and he loves playing with fisher price little people, legos, mega bloks but he really loves with wheel pals and they don't cost them much. here is a pic.

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:58 PM

we got this for my dd -- not sure on the price thou. lots of ppl sell them used or in used kids stores....u could always buy it that way, scrub it down and put a bow on or wrap it in one of those big bag thingys

http://www.atbargainshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fisher-price-go-baby-go-bounce-spin-zebra3.jpg

BlessedToBMommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Awesome ideas!! Thank you!

butterflyblu
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM

One of my son's gifts for his 1st birthday was the Leap Frog Learn N' Groove Table.  It's about $35-40 at Wal-Mart or Target.  He is almost 2 and still loves it.   He also got the Fisher Price Little People barn and tractor, a Fisher Price tool kit, a musical train and a V-Tech baby laptop (he likes that one a lot too). 

Leapfrog Learn & Groove Musical Table

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)