Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pink bumps on my 10 month old baby's face_What could it be?? *PIC incl* UPDATE in red

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 20 Replies

My baby is 10 mos old & starting yesterday he had a fever.  It didn't go above 102.  At the same time he started getting tiny pink bumps all over him, especially on his face.  Today his face looks a little worse.  Let me go back to about 2 months ago....

The first time he was sick was about 2 months ago right after he started going to the sitters house (there's 3 other kids there that she watches also).  His temp was around 103, then when temp went away he got those red bumps all over.  Then for 1 week he was fine.  Then a week later he was sick again and his fever went up to 104.7 and he got those red bumps again but they were mostly on his legs and feet.  At that time I took him to the Dr.'s and he said that he had 2 separate viruses and spots/bumps are common w/ viruses and not to worry.  He even told me there was a 4 month period where his daughter got sick every 2 weeks.

So now today he is having the same type of problem.  My guess is that it's just another virus and that it'll pass, and is probably from being around other kids where there's more germs.

I included 1 pic.  I took pics from last time he had bumps but I can't find my camera right now.  I just took this one from my cell phone--hopefully you can see it good when I post this.

Does this look familiar to anyone?  Should I take him to the ER or do you think he's fine w/ out going.  Just trying to get everyones advice.  Thanks.

btw:  He seems to be acting just fine, but he has gone poop a lot in the past 2 days (it looks normal though).  And a lot meaning 8 times in 2 days instead of 1 time every few days.

UPDATE: So his fever never came back and the rash looks like it has gone down a little, so that's really good.  I called the Dr. today and she said only to bring him in if the bumps turn into blisters or if he starts acting irritable or doesn't eat/ drink much. 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMommy58
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM

If he's acting fine I dont think you should take him to the ER. He may just pick something else up there. I'd wait until tomorrow & get him in with his pediatrician. My son has that shirt too, btw. lol

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM

i have no idea, but i really hope you find something out soon!  here's a bump, keep us posted.

desi_dylan_bri
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM

my son has had this EXACT same thing. its a result of a high fever. ( what the docs told me)its not going to hurt him at all. its kind of like people who get cold sores after they are sick. no i'm not saying its herpes. its just something that happens and almost always in children 5 and under. its not anything bad though.

awooding
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM

My daughter had that before when she was younger. The doctor's also told me that it was just fever rash and is harmless. I wouldn't worry about his BMs either. He may be having a lot right now, but he wasn't having enough before anyway so as long as it looks ok (doesn't look like diarrhea or anything) that should be fine too.

~~~

Money may help you get by in life,

but it can't teach you how to enjoy it.

bkwrmem
by Emily on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM

if he's acting fine no fever,i'd wait and go see his doctor tomorrow or just make an appt. you can alwayscall your doctor's office they always havean on call doctor who will talk to ou on the phone and answer questions give you better advice :) good luck.

rabinowitzfam

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Fayanne
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:15 PM

looks to me like a heat rash type reaction to the fever. Did he get sweaty during a nap while he had the fever?

If he's acting fine,  just keep an eye on him. Offer lots of fluids. I would not take him to the ER ... too much crap out there these days to expose him to.

If you have concerns still tomorrow, call the doctor's office.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

stefvan
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Looks like a viral rash - I'd take him to his dr to be sure.. 

pummill79
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:17 PM

not sure.my daughter would get bumps from eggs when she was younger.and she had baby measles before,but the measles made her swell so bad,she didn't look like my child.hopefully it will pass soon.even though he might be ok,it's still hard to see w/o getting upset,well,it would be for me.

care about you appearance?and don't want to pay much:jworthington3.beautyzone.com

want good health and to feel better: cworthington.qhealthbeauty.com

not sure what to buy a person,give a gift card,and let them pick for themselves:cworthington.ordermygift.com

love candles:www.mygc.com/jamieworthington79. i know you will love these.

www.freebieforce.com/cjworthington  speaks for itself

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Sounds like Roseola. Harmless and not contagious.

Bekah062205
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:20 PM

it could be a viral infection . If your worried take him to the regular dr. but no er...unless he become lethargic and a high fever

wedding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)