Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FF or ERF?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:24 PM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: should i have her FF or ERF?

Options:

FF

ERF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

my dd is 2 years old and 23lbs.....should she be FF or ERF...? i know she CAN be FF.....but i need your ladies opinions...she has been ERF up until 1 week ago....i feel like she should be ERF yet because i feel she is small

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aliandjon
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:26 PM

It's ultimately your decision. I don't ERF, it's not for my family. Decide whats best for yours.

matofour
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Its your child, your choice.

What is right for my family, is my kids sit rearfacing until the limits of their seats.  I feel like if I am ever in a car wreck, I want to walk away knowing that I have done everything I can to keep my kids safe.  I don't want to regret anything when it comes to my kids safety.  So, we rear face until they grow out of their seats.

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:29 PM

bump

dylansmommy1010

Google "Extended Rear Facing," and then make your decision. There is tons of useful information.

K.a.C.87

we have the true fit car seat, so i think it is 35lbs she can RF until

Quoting matofour:

Its your child, your choice.

What is right for my family, is my kids sit rearfacing until the limits of their seats.  I feel like if I am ever in a car wreck, I want to walk away knowing that I have done everything I can to keep my kids safe.  I don't want to regret anything when it comes to my kids safety.  So, we rear face until they grow out of their seats.

Mommyto6under7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I don't understand the negatives to ERF...like I don't understand why people don't do it. I'd love to know though. (and no, I'm not bashing or anything..I'm seriously curious)

Anyways, we ERF because it's safer and better for our family. I'd recommend you look into both options from an unbiased source (aka-not Cafemom, lol) and then make your decision.

I_love_my_girls
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM

You do know this post is going to turn into a bash-fest, right? FF against ERF's and KJGHSTY against :LKJSKJYIAU, etc., etc. 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?"    - Epicurus

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM

we dont ERF here but if your dd still fits in her seat rear facing i dont see any reason why to change it.

ally1021
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM

our DS is 29 months and 25lbs..he is still RFing,..it works for us.

mom2ljh
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM

She will still EASILY fit rear facing and is 5 TIMES safer that way than forward.  She absolutely should remain rear facing as long as she will fit.
My 26 month old is 26lbs and still happily rear facing.

Amanda - Attached Mommy to Landon Joel (24 months, 27lbs and still rear facing in a Sunshine Kids Radian 65)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)