Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cleaning out our storage area

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

i am cleanng out our storage area, and getting things done. finally. we have had this junk for a long time. college books, papers, folders, toys, decorations, wires, old dvd players, old stereos, and the list goes on and on. do you think it would be bad for me to just put stuff that could still be used right by the trash can or should i put it up on craigslist. we could use money but i dont want it to stay here while i wait for someone to call.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
farout
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:52 PM

put it in cm or on craigslist or have a garage. Don't let money slip through your hands. or better yet try donating it, so you can put it on your taxes.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM

post it on craigslist with a time limit of how long you're offering it for.  Can always have a garage sale too. & if anything you can donate it and claim it for taxes.

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:46 PM

If your REALLY going to put the stuff on Craigslist,then yeah do it.If your just going to make a pile of stuff to put on Craigslist and say,"umm I'll get to it when I have time some day" then pitch it!! I personally have held onto so much crap with the intent to sell it on ebay/have a yard sale and it never happened.So now I'm a throw out queen,I drive my dh crazy,lol..actually we just rented a huge dumpster this past weekend and I had a blast!!

Lilypie
sadeyez11
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM

i would just throw them out but i do need some money. dh dont want to get rid of anything. he is such a pack rat. if i had my way we would ditch alot more than what i am doing now

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

If your REALLY going to put the stuff on Craigslist,then yeah do it.If your just going to make a pile of stuff to put on Craigslist and say,"umm I'll get to it when I have time some day" then pitch it!! I personally have held onto so much crap with the intent to sell it on ebay/have a yard sale and it never happened.So now I'm a throw out queen,I drive my dh crazy,lol..actually we just rented a huge dumpster this past weekend and I had a blast!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)