Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

animal owner.. can you help me

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

i have this puppy. mixed with mini pincher and Boston terrier. the puppy is 6 weeks old. i think he was one of the runts. well i think he has some kind of deformity. his back is alway bowed up, his back always look like it does before they poop. and his side are always poking out not only when he eats, even after he has pooped. i was wondering if any of you might know what this is?

thanks a lot for any advice or for a bump

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
raegansmom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:02 PM

My DH's whole family has Boston's.  His grandparent's Boston is shaped like that.  He has a really short body & his back is always arched like a cat that is scared.  It is some sort of deformity btu I dont' think anything can be done for it.  It does not seem to bother the dog much.  Good luck!

confused-mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:06 PM

there were six puppies altogether and he is the only one that is shaped like that. he is also smaller than the rest and his leg are very skinny. there was another runt and she died and she was smaller than him and her body wasn't shaped like that either. he is extremely small. he is smaller than a squirrel.

Quoting raegansmom:

My DH's whole family has Boston's.  His grandparent's Boston is shaped like that.  He has a really short body & his back is always arched like a cat that is scared.  It is some sort of deformity btu I dont' think anything can be done for it.  It does not seem to bother the dog much.  Good luck!

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:41 PM

no idea.  at this early of a stage could just be congenital.  take him into the vet.

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

The Animal Den

The Animal group

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)