Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What time do your kids go to bed??

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:14 PM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: So what time do your kids go to bed

Options:

8:00

8:30

9:00

9:30

10:00

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

My husband and I constantly fight over this topic. My school aged boys are 6 and 8 and when my husband is over the road truck driving I send them to bed at 8:00 without t.v. Lights out at 8 period. They do it without complaints and it isn't an issue. Until dh gets home. He gets mad that they go to bed so early and he says says that there are still kids playing outside and that I am being selfish by sending them to bed at 8. But in my mind they go to school and it takes them some time to fall asleep and we get up at 6 to get ready. And yes it also gives me some quiet time to settle down and make sure everything is ready for the morning without kids running around keeping me frazzled and making it impossible for me to go to sleep at 10. So right now I am a bit irritated that not only is he letting the kids stay up until 10:00 on a school night but he is also letting them watch WWE live. THEY ARE 6 AND FRIGGEN 8!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommywife06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Kyla goes to bed at 830 and Marissa at 8. So once Marissa gets on a good schedule it will be the same time for both of them

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I voted for other because it really just depends.  Generally Naeem goes to bed anywhere between 7:30-9:00 depending on how tired he is.  Saturday night he had a horrible night and I didn't get him to bed until around 11pm which rarely happens.  And then tonight he went to bed super early as in 6:30pm because he's been up since 5:30am and only took a 30 min nap.

JaxsMommy182
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Our son is 3 and he goes anywhere from 8:30-8:45 usually.  If he skips his nap that day though he is in bed by 7:30-7:45.  I feel kids need their sleep.  I know people who let their kids stay up until 11pm!  Crazy.  I think 8 is a good time for your children.  JMO.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM

The two and six year old go to bed at eight and the fifteen year old goes to bed at ten.  This is a school night only schedule!

Laura913
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM

i put other

he's not born yet but i plan to put him to bed closer to 8 when he gets in school. 8 or 9 depending on his age.

10 is WAY too late. I go to bed at 9ish right now and get up at 7 and that still doesn't feel like enough sleep.

pregnancy week by week

I am pregnant with my first baby!

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:20 PM

It really depends for my DS. I try and have him in bed no later than 9 but sometimes its 930. We had been on a in bed by 830 schedule but since he's in daycare and takes a 2-2.5 hour nap that kind of messed with bedtime a little.

ToriNicole
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:20 PM

i have always thought it was better for kids when they have a set bedtime until they are older my son is 15 months and has had a bedtime (8:30) since he was 6 months and he does really well with it. but i also tend to be a little ocd on what time he eats naps and all that so idk. just my thought good luck.

XallieXkissesX

My kids go to bed when ther are tired. durring the summer my 2 y/o usually goes to bed around 1030 or 11 and my 14 y/o around 2 or 3. durring school its usually between 9 and 10 for the young one and my oldest has to be in bed by 10

SIS213

I know what you mean,my hubby trys that stuff but i put my foot down on that real fast,he leaves at 430am,and we are up at 5am and out the door by 645am.and i have to deal with them in the morning.so i get my way on that one.lol so they are in bedno later then 930pm.

TheLostMuppet

The younger kids, age 4 and 7, are in bed by 9pm.
The 12 yr old (soon to be 13), by 10:30pm. 

Click The "Easy Button" 
                                 To View All of My Cafe 

Themes! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)