Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you keep toddlers....

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 18 Replies

entertained in the car...? my dd is almost 2 (october) and has been ERF up until 1 week ago. she HATES being in the car and car rides....so i figured, MAYBE if i FF she will enjoy it much more and i wont have to hear screaming and crying the WHOLE way to wherever we are going.....well now she is FF and isnt ANY different!!! -- we will prob be ERF her again, but i cant keep her happy in the car!! any ideas? her seat is a comfy seat too! (true fit) -- i just really dont know what to do at this point

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamjackie
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I have a dvd player in my van. It is a life saver at times.

Kris_PBG

We keep soft books in the car, his water cup and some soft toys...  But to be honest -taking his shoes off keeps him the most entertained!  (As in, he does this just about for every car ride! LOL!)

Kids sometimes go through these phases - hopefully yours will be a short one!

PS - my kiddo is ERF as well!  :)

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM

My son entertains himself with toys of books that we bring. For longer rides we have a DVD player for the car so he can watch movies.

Brandie_xo

i give my daughter a magnadoodle and she's a happy camper.

also look into trays that are made to go over the car seat, then she will be able to color, play with car, whatever

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3060923

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkLexie-EDD Oct. 13

pregnancy calendar

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I usually let Naeem bring a few small toys to play with.  I also recently got one of those car dvd players and he watches his dvds on longer road trips and it keeps him occupied for hours!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM

My kids are in the car 3-4 hours a day so we spent the money, around 1,000 extra dollars and had the DVD player installed in the car.  My kids love music too so it's not too bad!

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM

we have a portable dvd player for my dd as well be the thing we have to hold it up for the car....doesnt hold it up well! LOL

twinsRus5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Now this thing is way cool!  I have 5 kids and I have never seen a tray like this! U would think I have been living under a rock. I am going to check this out! Thanks Brandie

Quoting Brandie_xo:

i give my daughter a magnadoodle and she's a happy camper.

also look into trays that are made to go over the car seat, then she will be able to color, play with car, whatever

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3060923

Little_bug
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:39 PM

my DD has always loved the car, but, first thing is you questioned her comfort being RF maybe she is just uncomfortable in her seat, is it cushy?  Do the belts fit her well?  If the answer is yes, what does she do if you put her seat in the livingroom?  just take the seat out of your car and put it in your livingroom for a while, does she play in it, sit in it and read?

I know other people who keep a casket of toys in their car( I do this too but jsut incase we end up at someone's house too long or if we are studk in traffic and she gets ansy.  Books, a magna doodle, coloring book and crayons(they have trays to take in the car), we recently got Tag for Hannah, maybe you could get her Tag JR, Hannah wants to take hers EVERYWHERE.

When she was smaller in our basket I would keep Happy meal toys, a small etchasketch, small board books,  a baby doll, some stuffed animals

Now she takes her Tag with her and we still have some Happy Meal toys in there and the etcha sketch, a view master and some regular books and some coloring books and crayons(make sure the crayons stay in your purse otherwise you will forget about them on a sunny day and have a mess) the crayons that are in my purse are the ones from restaraunts.

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:41 PM

does anyone have an idea on how to set up a portable DVD player for RF kids??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)