Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spin off of pa ?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM
  • 44 Replies

What do you think ppl would do if there was NO pa.  No cash No food stampsNo medical.   Then what more ppl would go to work and have safer sex?   I was just wondering this.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I would think the world would have no other choice but to go to work and be more careful and more discriminate about how many, with whom and when they had children.

Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Honestly, I think there'll be a significant rise in abortions and kids put up for adoption, as people wouldn't be able to provide for the kids they create.

mommywife06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:28 PM

How can you work with no jobs? My aunt has a masters and she cant get a job unless she moves out of state but she doesnt want to! She loves her doctor(she has really bad carpal tunnel and just had a hysterectomy. So what then?

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Abortions and abondon babies will be on the rise and so would crimes and thefts.

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my aunt

For my grampa (lung cancer) For my papa (liver cancer)

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

Sassy01
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I think the crime rate would jump through the roof, alot of disabled people would be institutionalized because there would be no way for them to support themselves. I also think alot of people (Kids included) would starve, and the death rate would increase.

If You're Going To Play With The Big Dogs, Don't Pee On The Porch Like A Puppy.

Vampee_Mom

There would be;

More people sleeping on the streets.

More people begging on the streets.

More children not attending school.

More people dying of illnesses that are easily cured.

More people starving to death.

More peopel freezing to death in the winter..

More crime.. Especially property crimes.

And so forth.

Without social safety net programs.  The USA would slowly start to resemble a 3rd world country in some ways.

I live in the city. We have lots of people on the streets now.. If there were no PA programs what-so-ever. The amount of people, including families, on the street would be even larger.

Ever look at kids living and beggin on the streets in South American countries or Asian countries.  We would have a whole lot more of that here if there were no PA programs for the parents in this country..

sophistcatdfury

cafemom would be a hoppin place on that day, let me tell you

lovemymarine306
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM

think back to the 1930's...you would see a lot more orphans and street urchins.  not to mention people begging on every street corner.  i will be forever grateful to our government

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

mommy2angels427
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:34 PM

well, I guess she would have a choice to make then... are there seriously no jobs or no jobs she wants and considers worth her time?

Quoting mommywife06:

How can you work with no jobs? My aunt has a masters and she cant get a job unless she moves out of state but she doesnt want to! She loves her doctor(she has really bad carpal tunnel and just had a hysterectomy. So what then?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:34 PM

As if everyone on public assistance sits on their tushie all day long and twiddles their thumbs.

Oh and i'll say it again as I've said it before.  If my ds loses medicaid/daycare assistance i'll get another job.  I'll do anything to avoid moving back in with my parents.  Notice I said get another job as i'm already working 2 jobs.

And I agree with the pp imagine what CM would be like?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)