Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think this is a good idea? which one do you like best?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: which floor plan do you like best

Options:

none

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

so DH and I have been looking for a house for over 2 years now. there have been a couple in our price range but some idiot goes and offers like 20,000 more then the asking price. anyways we were thinking of buying some land and building a house. the land would cost no more then 10,000 for a lil over an acre. the house would be some where from 62,000 -67,000. we also want to add an upstairs so that would be 6,000 more. with water hook ups and sewer and all that good stuff we are thinking it will be close to 100,000 for a brand new home to our liking.  do you think thats to much? our price range for a house (not a new one but just a normal house) was 86,000.

house #1

http://tccrb.com/floorplans/The-Bruceton.jpg

or

house #2http://tccrb.com/floorplans/The-Lenox.jpg

pregnancy

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsTabangcura
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I think that is a good price. I would definitely go with number 2 so your bedroom is in the back of the house more. I wouldn't want my master room off from the living room.....what if you and DH need to sneak off for some privacy....lol. 

eddysmommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM

i like that one but the master bath only has a shower and im not sure how i feel about the washer and dryer in the hall.

Quoting MrsTabangcura:

I think that is a good price. I would definitely go with number 2 so your bedroom is in the back of the house more. I wouldn't want my master room off from the living room.....what if you and DH need to sneak off for some privacy....lol. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I can't decide, I'm pondering.....

Ok I thought about it I think number one would be best for the long term.....

Lydiam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I would definitely go with 1.  It has a half bathroom for guests, so no ones has to use your kids' bathroom.  Plus the kitchen is a bit more private, I wouldn't like cooking right into the open living room.  Furthermore, you have a tub in the master bathroom, not just a shower.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mommyto6under7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I would go with #1 because it has a half bathroom and also because it just seems to be a smoother layout flow. And, I like the Jack-N-Jill bathrooms in #1 so that your children have bathrooms off their bedroom, instead of across the hall.

maryof5
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM

i like the no.2 because how big the kitchen and diningroom is and all the bedrooms and everything else is in the back. i like that. we are in the kitchen most of the time.

MARYOF5

eddysmommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM

lol it was hard for me to only pick 2 of them to put on here lol.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I can't decide, I'm pondering.....

pregnancy

eddysmommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Quoting Lydiam:

I would definitely go with 1.  It has a half bathroom for guests, so no ones has to use your kids' bathroom.  Plus the kitchen is a bit more private, I wouldn't like cooking right into the open living room.  Furthermore, you have a tub in the master bathroom, not just a shower.

yes i like the half bath. and that it has a tub in the master bath. i usually only take showers anyways but i would love to be able to take a long bath one day with out having to cross the whole house to get to the tub.

TheresaMomof9
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:00 PM

How old are your children? If they are very young, the second floor plan gives you more access to them. I agree with the mama who pointed out the placement of the master bedroom is critical. I wouldn't want it in the front of the house if you have a busy neighborhood (depends on the land situation). An acre is big enough where it probably doesn't matter. Still, I think I'd go with house #2.

Congrats! That sounds exciting to build and the price seems good!

eddysmommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:03 PM

well my son will be 3 in dec and baby #2 will be here in jan. 

i do like house #2 because the rooms are all close together but im almost in love with the jack n jill bathrooms with #1 and house #1 has 3 doors that exit the house and we could add a car port or even a garage one day

Quoting TheresaMomof9:

How old are your children? If they are very young, the second floor plan gives you more access to them. I agree with the mama who pointed out the placement of the master bedroom is critical. I wouldn't want it in the front of the house if you have a busy neighborhood (depends on the land situation). An acre is big enough where it probably doesn't matter. Still, I think I'd go with house #2.

Congrats! That sounds exciting to build and the price seems good!

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)