Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whoever doesn't like the idea of universal healthcare must have great health insurance now

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:04 PM
  • 313 Replies

If you are against universal healthcare I bet you already have really good health insurance.  Americans should have a right to health insurance.  It should not be a privilege.  How can anyone even think that universal healthcare is a bad idea?  What about those of us who are poor and cannot afford health insurance?  Do you think Medicare and Medicaid are bad?  Hell no and they are government insurances.  The government is not going to tell us who we can and cannot see.  All of you against this really believe all these lies you read out there.  It is so sad that the American people only think about themselves and don't want what's best for everybody.  I swear this country is screwed up. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I_love_my_girls.gif my girls image by Phoebe_066         I_love_my_boys_1.gif boys image by lkfitz

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheresaMomof9
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I am not in favor of the government providing universal healthcare because I have read parts of it and believe it means we (you, me, everyone) will have decreased quality of care under the current proposed plan. It is a fallacy that everybody's health care will automatically improve. Also, I believe it will bankrupt the country . Did you know that the government proposes certain criteria --age, general health? You could be denied quality care if you've been sick before or are older than the government deems "worth it".

I'm sorry about your health care quality. It stinks. It really does. We have a big family and health care premiums are killing us. However, the currently proposed system really will make things worse. imho.

I think this video offers some good information:

stefvan
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:18 PM

To me, it's not about us all having health care.  It's about our government, that has nearly bankrupted social security and medicare, having a say so in our health care.  I wouldn't trust them to make decisions for my dog let alone my children. 

butterflyblu
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I'm for AFFORDABLE healthcare for everyone, not necessarily government run healthcare.  I think premiums are ridiculous and it should be income based so everyone can afford it.  And pre-existing conditions shouldn't matter.   I agree with the other ladies in that I don't want the government involved in my healthcare.  I think the quality will decrease.  The government I think should put regulations on insurance companies.  They are all about making money, not helping patients. 

MommyMerry7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I heard that we won't be able to see our doctor as quickly as we should and there will be a waiting list to see any kind of health professional.....

Doesn't Canada have universal health care?  I didn't think that was going well....plus I know a lot of doctors and nurses were coming here from there because of how bad it is there.  

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Quoting stefvan:

To me, it's not about us all having health care.  It's about our government, that has nearly bankrupted social security and medicare, having a say so in our health care.  I wouldn't trust them to make decisions for my dog let alone my children. 

ERNAProud
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I am for healthcare reform, not necessarily UHC. I think our system stinks, but I don't like this UHC plan either.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Quoting butterflyblu:

I'm for AFFORDABLE healthcare for everyone, not necessarily government run healthcare.  I think premiums are ridiculous and it should be income based so everyone can afford it.  And pre-existing conditions shouldn't matter.   I agree with the other ladies in that I don't want the government involved in my healthcare.  I think the quality will decrease.  The government I think should put regulations on insurance companies.  They are all about making money, not helping patients. 

Cisri1974
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I think THIS is what gets a lot of people to be honest.  Canada has universal health care, and getting in to see a doctor takes a horribly long time.  That is not based on propaganda I've heard, that is from dating a Canadian who told me these things.  Some Canadians even come into OUR country for care they cannot get there.  Do I think health care needs fixed?  Absolutely!  Do I think it should be run by the government?  Nope.  Do I have the answer as to how to do it all?  Sorry to say I don't.  Wish I did.  :-(

Quoting MommyMerry7:

I heard that we won't be able to see our doctor as quickly as we should and there will be a waiting list to see any kind of health professional.....

Doesn't Canada have universal health care?  I didn't think that was going well....plus I know a lot of doctors and nurses were coming here from there because of how bad it is there.  

Ladyinthewater

Exactly!!!!! and No i don't in fact i have no insurance I have seizures and the meds are very expensive! i would rather pay out of pocket then have the goverment tell me what i can and can't do

Quoting stefvan:

I am Kritterz a Tattoo Lovin, Married to a Punk Rocker, Pro "green", Co sleeping, Vax my Kid, anti-Obama, Pro Choice,  non-believer in "god"  Public school hating  , Jersey Girl, Pro Spanking,, True blood watcher Twlight Lover Harry Potter Fan,, I am not here to be bashed or judged, I am here for the fun, I hate the drama, I don't care how you raise your kids and don't expect you to care how i raise mine. Your way is right and so is mine . If you don't like what i think or feel well thats fine. 

lovepink26

I haven't had healthcare since March 1st due to a layoff and I'm against it for all of the above reasons and the government already reimburses so little for expenses on medicaid and medicare... if we have universal healthcare, doctors aren't going to make as much as they are now and no one is going to want to practice healthcare anymore.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)