Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they are so loud i am so mad i want to scream!!! (vent)

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok so we live in a bad neighborhood. dont ask at the time we took what we could get we couldnt afford our old place so we took this one for 510 a month for a 2 bedroom anyway our neighbors party constanlly they are so freaken loud its not funny talk at the top of thier lungs play thier music loud and since its summer yet my windows are open so i have to hear thier rap (no offense to those who like rap but i dont) and hear them swearing i cant stand it anymore. i cant call the cops till 10pm cause that is when its against the noise ordanance to be loud. but i really want to move. my lease is up next march but i hate moving and we really cant afford to this year!wish i would of taken my time and found a decent place in a good neighborhood with a good school for dd now i am screwed just had to vent!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amommy2a2yrold
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Is it an apartment if so call the managment people

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM

its a lower of a house 2 family house i have a landlord told him and he told that landlord but aparently he did nothing cause they dont have the same landlord has us

Quoting amommy2a2yrold:

Is it an apartment if so call the managment people

anniejackmom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I am sorry. That really sucks. Have you ever tried to ask them to keep it down...in the nicest way possible? Or would that not help? Sorry...I underdtand though. My neighbor has a teenage son. He has his friends over and the party in the hottub, which is almost under our bedroom window. Drives me nuts. At least my kids are at the front of the house and can't hear it.

GOD.png GOD image by brittney_paige_2007
mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM

there is usually a city-wide or county-wide noise ordinance for all times of the day.  i think it's just even lower past 10 pm.  someone correct me if i'm wrong, though.  

that's why police officers have been known to give tickets to someone who has a car that's too loud or is blasting music too loud during the day.  

MRS.KG85
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM

HAVE YOU TRIED JUST TALKING TO THEM? EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT YOU HAVE A CHILD AND SOMETIMES YOU JUST WANT PEACE AND QUIET IF THAT DOES NOT WORK WELL JUST TRY.

proud mommy 2 alexandra and kameron

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:17 PM

yes they dont care they are a bunch of loud drunks and druggies

Quoting MRS.KG85:

HAVE YOU TRIED JUST TALKING TO THEM? EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT YOU HAVE A CHILD AND SOMETIMES YOU JUST WANT PEACE AND QUIET IF THAT DOES NOT WORK WELL JUST TRY.

EmmysMom85
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:19 PM

In my town if  bothering you at anytime of day it's a public disturbance and has to be taken care of.. However we will only go out there so many times until the person calling to complain signs a citizens arrest for us to cite the person for the noise disturbance however that does mean that the person signing the citizens arrest will have to be known to the offender and have to go to court..

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM

like i said, you need to call now regardless because there might be an all-day noise ordinance they're breaking.  police are there to protect and serve, and you're a tax payer, don't be afraid to make a complaint!  i'd be sure to call the non-emergency line, though.  you shouldn't have to be this stressed out all the time in your OWN home because of someone else's selfishness.  it doesn't have to be 10 pm before you make the call.

Quoting Godsgirl4ever06:

Quoting MRS.KG85:

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM

ty i will do this

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

like i said, you need to call now regardless because there might be an all-day noise ordinance they're breaking.  police are there to protect and serve, and you're a tax payer, don't be afraid to make a complaint!  i'd be sure to call the non-emergency line, though.  you shouldn't have to be this stressed out all the time in your OWN home because of someone else's selfishness.  it doesn't have to be 10 pm before you make the call.

Quoting Godsgirl4ever06:

Quoting MRS.KG85:

cherryici
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM

poor thing. I know what your going through...i dont just have noisy neighbors i literaly live in a noisy neighborhood...lol...i have noise coming at me from all directions. i live on the 4th floor and it doesnt even matter. I just like you, took what i could afford. so such is life.  I have spoken to a few neighbors but its no use. some comply others are just young and dumb and have no life and no where to be the next day so it is ok to just play loud music all hours of the night or have their children screaming all hours of the night.   I have spent countless nights calling the cops and to no avail. the noise just continues either on another night or after the cops leave...lol...i cut on my window fan or air conditioner and drown it out...best i can do. 

pregnancy
baby growth
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)