Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a hobby!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok ladies i am a SAHM, sort of. I mean i am home all day but i live next door to my parents and they run a home daycare. I help them from 9-5 everyday but i am still at home so it is nice. Anyway i have an almost 3 year old DD and we are TTC baby number 2. I actually had a miscarriage last week and had a D&C on Friday. I am trying to get past this and stay positive for my family. I am having a hard time dealing with this. I need a hobby or something to do to keep my mind off of all of this. We don't have a ton of money so something cheap will be great, I need some tips, any ideas ladies?

Lilypie
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
katzmeow726
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Yoga is good.  You can do a beginners tape to start with. Relaxing music, incense or sweet smelling candles, and a period of rest after the yoga can bring healing.  Both mentally, and physically.

AFWifeNMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Yoga sounds great, any other ideas that i can do, at home or out of the house is fine

Lilypie
rocklovinggirl
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Some of these might cost money but they are just ideas:

scrapbooking
journaling
knitting or crochet
photography
yoga (i second this one!)
drawing
painting
writing poetry
organizing
cleaning
decorating (you can re decorate or move things around in your house)
free computer games- or you can find sudoku and crosswords online free1

Sorry, about your loss!

Soon to be BFing, selective vaxing, cloth diapering and baby wearing momma to Josiah! Loves World of Warcraft, scrapbooking, reading, rock music, tattoos, the color pink and the Vampire Lestat! TX born and raised, open minded, Ron Paul supporting Libertarian, loving Army wife and most importantly Christian!
lyranightshade
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM

If you're artistic at all, painting or drawing will really help. One, it's fun. Two, you can sometimes express emotions easier with pictures than words. It's what i do. If you have a favorite book series, fanfiction can be really fun. Check out fanfiction.net and see if there's anything that interests you. Not just books, but shows and movies, too! They take the characters and put them into new scenarios and can be really interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)