Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News filming in Chic Fil A ?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

K, so today was free chicken sandwich day at chic-fil-a. I love their sandwiches so we put on our team logos and got our free nummies! Well, as soon as we sat down, the news crew walked in. I guess it was a slow news day or whatever, I dunno. They interviewed some people and just walked around and filmed. It kinda chapped my butt b/c they didn't say anything TO us. Just stood back and did their thing. It was very annoying. I didn't so much care about me but I didn't want my daughter ending up on the news. We live in a border town and it makes me nervous. I'm prolly paranoid but whatever. I'd have liked to be asked. Then the camera man goes to the play area and starts recording the kids playing in there. I was floored. He didn't ask their parents either! One lady did go in there and pull her kids out of there. I guess she was feeling like me. My question is, do you think it's okay for someone to film your children without asking you or is okay since it's the news?

Oh, and I watched all the news for the night and none of those images were used but the back my DD's head was shown along with my DH. He, btw is very full of himself now. Keeps saying he's famous. But at least she wasn't on there. What are your thoughts?

I'm a 23 yr old, Mom of a 2 yr old, BF for 13 months, Vaxing, SAHM, Pro-choice, Pro-Gay marriage because everyone deserves equal rights, baby wearing, try to be green, ARMY WIFE, Anti- CIO, Anti-Co-Sleeping, Time out giving, Tattooed, Dr. Pepper loving, Twilight Obsessed, Husband loving, Can't wait for naptime kind of a mom.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
scotlynsmom07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM

bump 

I'm a 23 yr old, Mom of a 2 yr old, BF for 13 months, Vaxing, SAHM, Pro-choice, Pro-Gay marriage because everyone deserves equal rights, baby wearing, try to be green, ARMY WIFE, Anti- CIO, Anti-Co-Sleeping, Time out giving, Tattooed, Dr. Pepper loving, Twilight Obsessed, Husband loving, Can't wait for naptime kind of a mom.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM

well on the news for something like that why would it?? No big deal, i'm not hiding my kids from anyone. However I will not post pics on the net because even privacy protected pervs. can steal and alter them into sick scenes.

Bopples
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I'm paranoid too! I would not feel comfortable with that at all. If they want to film someone's children, they need to get permission first. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Cinderelly628
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I feel the same way, before you film or take pictures of my kid, you need to ask if it's okay first.

Lilypie - (gXbo)

scotlynsmom07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Well, I'm not hiding her. I just don't want her broadcast to the city. There aren't many Chic Fil A's in town so it wouldn't be hard to figure out which one we were at and we're there a lot. And a few other stores we visit are right by it as well. I worry about abductions and kidnappings. There is a border crossing 10 minutes from my house.

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

well on the news for something like that why would it?? No big deal, i'm not hiding my kids from anyone. However I will not post pics on the net because even privacy protected pervs. can steal and alter them into sick scenes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)